Emergency Textbook Loan Program
Northern Arizona University is pleased to announce the Emergency Textbook Loan program administered
by the LEADS Center. The purpose of this program is to assist students with unmet financial needs in obtaining required textbook(s) for schooling; textbooks must be returned at the end of the term in which the textbook was loaned. Please review the information
below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any
be an undergraduate student in good academic standing
be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits)
be enrolled and attending the Flagstaff campus at Northern Arizona University
be referred by an NAU staff or faculty member
enrolled for the class for which the
book(s) is required
be eligible to receive financial aid and meet the definition of financially
needy per Federal Title IV definitions.
have a current FAFSA on file with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
selected, the candidate must complete the Financial
Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module prior to receiving
textbooks (1 hour).
Which books are
New, used, rentals, or e-books are available for this program. This program does NOT support lab goggles, course packs, lecture notes, clickers, or other suggested materials.
How many books may
a student obtain?
only allowed to borrow six books per semester. There is a limited amount
of funding available each academic year. Applications will be considered on a first
come-first serve basis.
approved for the Book Loan Program based on a combination of factors that
include but are not limited to: 1) need and eligibility, 2) date complete
application was submitted and 3) past borrower history.
Notification of Award/Denial: The priority application deadline is the the drop with a “W” date (approximately 9 days after the start of the semester); the final deadline of a semester is 21st day (administrative drop deadline).
- Students will be notified 48 to 72 hours after the application has been submitted if they qualify for the Book Loan Program.
- Students then have three business days after they have been notified to complete the Financial Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module and purchase their text books.
- Failure to purchase books within this time frame will forfeit the award.
Students must complete the Financial Literacy 101, Paying for College on-line module prior to receiving textbooks.
Returning Textbooks: All textbooks must be returned to the LEADS Center on or before the last day of finals. If a student is tardy in returning their textbook, they may be ineligible to participate in the book loan program in future semesters.
- Failure to return the book(s) will result in a HOLD on the student’s registration or accounts for the total value of the books on the date the books were purchased; this may also result in a reduction of other financial aid received in the academic term.
- Students who damage or lose books must purchase a new copy of the book(s) in order to have the hold removed.