The university recognizes specific holidays during the year and provides paid time off for employees at these designated times.
All regular employees working 50 percent time (20 hours per week) or more are eligible for paid holiday leave.
If you ...
- do not work a holiday - you will be paid at your current straight-time rate of pay for the hours you did not work within your regular work schedule
- are required to work on a holiday - you will be paid at your current straight-time rate of pay for all the hours you work. In addition, you will be granted commensurate time off during the same or subsequent work week for each holiday worked.
- are on unpaid leave of absence or in an unpaid status - you will not receive holiday pay or credit for a holiday that falls within that leave.
Official university holidays have been designated by the President as follows:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Winter Holiday
- President's Designated Holiday