Frequently Asked Questions about healthy u1. Who can participate in the HealthU Program?
Active NAU Employees on the NAU Blue Cross Blue Shield (NAUBCBS) health plan2. Can my family members participate?
The premium credit is for employees only, but family members on the NAU BCBS health plan are welcome to fill out the My BluePrint Health Assessment for their own personal use.3. What if I am not on the NAU BCBS health plan? (I’m on a state plan)
This program is only for employees who are members of the NAU BCBS health plan.4. What if I am a retiree?
This program is for active NAU employees only.5. If my partner/spouse works at NAU and they are covered by my NAU BCBSAZ insurance, can they also receive the premium credit if they participate in the program?
6. Is there a different premium credit amount for families, vs. singles, vs. employee+1?
The family member who is the “enrolled member” paying the premium for the NAU BCBSAZ insurance will receive the premium credit. There is one incentive per enrolled employee.
Your partner/spouse is encouraged to participate in the program even if they are not eligible for the premium credit.
No, the premium credit is $10.00 per pay period regardless of dependent coverage7. What benefits will I receive if I participate?
$10.00 per pay period taxable premium credit on your NAU BCBS health plan premium starting in January 2015.8. Will my premium credit be taxable?
Yes9. What do I have to do to be eligible for the premium credit?
10. What is a biometric and what is a biometric health screening?
- Fill out the My BluePrint Health Assessment online.
- Complete the required biometrics (blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, blood glucose, height, weight, and waist circumference)
- Enter this information into your My BluePrint Health Assessment on-line.
If you decide to go to a physician vs. a scheduled biometric health screening to have your biometrics completed, you may want to take the HealthyU Data Collection Form record your biometrics.
11. What if I already had these biometrics completed before this program was announced?
- A biometric is a measurement of physical characteristics. For this program the measurements will include blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, blood pressure, blood glucose, height, weight, and waist circumference.
- A biometric health screening can be completed at by scheduling an appointment at one of the Healthwaves biometric health screenings that will be advertised through the HealthyU Program. At the biometric health screening the measurements noted above will be measured.
- Biometric health screenings can also be completed during an appointment with a physician.
Biometrics completed on or after October 15, 2013 will be accepted12. What is the deadline to complete my biometric health screening for this year to be eligible?
All biometric health screenings must be completed and entered into your online My BluePrint Health Assessment by October 15, 2014. This gives NAU time to apply the premium credit for employees who completed the requirements.13. What if I only had part of my biometric health screening competed?
All biometric information must be completed and entered into your online My BluePrint Health Assessment by October 15, 2014 to be eligible for the premium credit.14. Do I have to compete both the biometric health screening and fill out the My BluePrint Health Assessment online?
To be eligible for the
premium credit you must complete both components of the program; the My
BluePrint Health Assessment and a biometric health screening though a physician
visit or a Healthwaves screening.15. What if I don’t participate?
The program is voluntary, however, if you choose not to participate you will not receive the $10.00 per pay period premium credit.16. Where do I find the My BluePrint Health Assessment to fill it out?
17. Where can I go to have my biometric health screening completed?
On the Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ (BCBSAZ) website: www.azblue.com
- When you get to the website, you will need to register using your BCBSAZ subscriber number on your insurance card.
- Then you will be asked to create a user name and password to enter the site.
- Once you enter the site, click on the “Health and Wellness” tab on the left.
- Once you are in the Health and Wellness section, you will see “Take your Health Assessment” and under that it will say “Take My BluePrint Now.” Click on the tab and get started!
18. What if I don’t live in Flagstaff? Where can I go to have my biometric health screening completed?
- To your primary care physician – preventive services do not require a co-pay. Go to http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/health for more information on coverage for preventive services under the medical plan.
- To Campus Health Services, located in the Health and Learning Center on the NAU Flagstaff campus.
- To one of the health screenings offered on campus through Healthwaves – these will be advertised through the HealthyU Program.
You can use the My HealthyU Data Collection Form to record your biometric results.
19. Once I complete my biometric health screening what do I do?
- To your primary care physician – preventive services do not require a co-pay. Review the Summary of Plan Benefits for coverage information.
- To one of the health screenings offered through Healthwaves as close as possible to your community – these will be advertised by the HealthyU Program. Depending on where you live you may need to travel to the screening site. These will only be offered for employees living in the state of AZ.
20. I would like confirmation that I have completed all the requirements. Where can I access this information?
Enter the data into your My BluePrint Health Assessment:
- Go to https://www.azblue.com/
- Login if you already have account or register using your BCBSAZ subscriber number on your insurance card.
- Once you enter the site, click on the “Health and Wellness” tab on the left.
Once you are in the Health and Wellness section, you will see “Take your Health Assessment” and under that it will say “Take My BluePrint Now.”
21.Who do I contact if I can’t get into the My BluePrint Health Assessment online or if I have questions about the web-site?
Once you have entered you biometric information and finished the My BluePrint Health Assessment you can copy off the final screen that will show with your score. Keep this for your records. This is your confirmation.
Contact the BCBSAZ E-Solutions Center: 800-650-5656/602-844-484422. Are my results confidential? Who will see them?
23. What happens if I indicate I have a medical condition of some sort when I fill out the My BluePrint Health Assessment?
The information you put into the My BluePrint Health Assessment is not seen by BCBSAZ or by NAU.
- The web site is managed by a third party – Alere – and they keep information separate from BCBSAZ and NAU. Alere provides BCBSAZ with aggregate data (unidentifiable, grouped data) so your individual results would not be identifiable.
- Alere Health Coaches may see risk information only for the purpose of providing health coaching or for a referral into the disease management program if a medical condition presents itself.
- Please review questions 23-27 for more information about the health coaching and disease management programs.
24. What can I expect if I receive a Health Coaching enrollment call?
If you respond to the questions in a way that indicates you have, or are at risk for a condition such as heart disease, diabetes, etc., you will be contacted by a medical professional to see if you would like to participate in one-on-one health coaching programs.
- The Health Coaching programs are designed to assist you in managing a condition you already have, or to work toward preventing a condition you may be at risk for.
- This is an opportunity you can opt out of by responding to the call and letting the caller know you are not interested.
- If you choose to participate, you will be assigned a coach who will call, help you set goals, and help you meet your determined goals.
- If you decide to participate BCBSAZ will have a record that you are participating in a coaching program, but will not be able to identify which module.
25. To whom can I reach out to if my Health Coaching experience varies from the description above?
Health Coaches are full-time clinical staff who provide intensive, personalized telephone-based coaching (English or Spanish) and online coaching (English only) to jump-start achievement of behavior change goals and suggest tips and tools for long-term maintenance. Health Coaches are registered dietitians, respiratory therapists, certified fitness professionals, registered nurses and masters of social work.
During the initial call, the health coach will work with you to identify the most effective means of communication, i.e. preferred telephone numbers, times of the day for your calls, and preferred days of the week. The coach may also help you identify health goals relating to the following areas:
- Losing weight
- Increasing physical activity
- Easing stress
- Improving diet and nutrition
- Increasing energy levels
If during your enrollment call you feel that your experience varied from the description provided above and you have any problematic concerns, please contact the NAU Benefits team at 523-2223. A benefits team member will in turn contact the BCBSZ Health Promotion Executive for prompt follow up.26. Is there a possibility that I could be contacted to participate in a Disease Management Program based on my My BluePrint Health Assessment results?
27. What if I decide to participate in one of the online Healthy Living Programs on the HealthyBlue page – will BCBSAZ or NAU know?
If you respond to certain questions on the My BluePrint Health Assessment indicating you have any of the conditions listed below, you may be identified for a Disease Management Program and enrolled.
Most often members are identified based on medical and pharmacy claims already. However, in some cases, such as a new diagnosis or limited claims for the identified condition, you may not yet be enrolled. In that case, the My BluePrint Health Assessment may be your first opportunity to become engaged in Disease Management.
If it is, you will receive a welcome packet that describes the program and those identified as high risk may get an outreach call.
- Coronary artery disease
- Chronic heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
BCBSAZ receives reports on the Healthy Living Program participation but will not share individual enrollment information with NAU. NAU will not be aware of the programs you participate in on the HealthyBlue page.28. How will NAU know to apply the premium credit to me?
Alere will verify to BCBSAZ who completed the two required components and BCBSAZ will let NAU Human Resources know. BCBSAZ and NAU will not have access to anything about the personal data you entered – they will just know you completed the My BluePrint Health Assessment and the biometrics.29. Who can I call on the NAU campus for help?
30. Can I get help logging on to the Blue Cross Blue Shield website: www.azblue.com - setting up a user name and password and filling out the My BluePrint Health Assessment?
The Employee Assistance and Wellness office for information related to screening dates and procedures: call 928-523-1552 or send an email to Ask-EAW@nau.edu.
The Human Resources Benefits team for information about your benefits related to this program: call 928-523-2223 or send an email to HR.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computers and assistance will be made available during NAU biometric screening events where resources permit. For assistance with azblue.com registration and login you may contact BCBSAZ E-Solutions at: 800-650-5656/602-844-4844.