Honors Student Fee: 2011-12
| ||Beginning Fall 2013 and all future terms|
* Program fees are figured into your financial aid needs. Students with demonstrated financial need have the fee reversed automatically.
How the fee is used
In fall 2010, Honors students participated in an online survey and a series of student meetings we planned seeking input on the new fee. That feedback has become our initial “blueprint” for using the funds, including:
- funding more field trips
- offering more academic support
- at least 17% goes back to Honors students for need-based scholarships
- at least 3% goes back to Honors students for merit-based scholarships
- support for undergraduate research
- support to attend conferences
- bringing in popular speakers
- funding study abroad
Student input will continue to be used in determining how the fees will be used.