Welcome to NAUfit
Below are the “ins and outs” of what is involved. If it still sounds good to you after reading
the details, just complete the following short survey to register! (Participation
limited to the first 150 students who complete the online registration)
What is it?
NAUfit is a 6- week program for students aimed at improving
health and wellness. We will set you up
for success by giving you information, tips and practice to:
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Increase strength
- Eat a healthful diet including more fruits and
- Get adequate sleep
- Manage the stress of college
- Weekly incentives and tools to assist you in
reaching your health goals
- Examples include: water bottles, jump ropes, FREE fruits and
veggies and more!
- Moral support and guidance
- Random raffle prizes will be distributed weekly
just for attempting to reach your goals and tracking your progress!
- Raffle prizes include: Snowbowl tickets, Fruit Basket, 1 hour
Massage, gift cards to local outdoor shops and more!
When does it start?
The program begins Wed. Feb. 6 and ends Friday March 15.
What is involved?
Weekly informative get togethers are held every Wed. between 11:30-1:30 in Health Promotions. They will last approximately 20 minutes each. You pick the time that works best for you: 11:30, 12:00, 12:30 or 1:00.
At each of these meetings, participants gain knowledge to help them meet their health goals for the week. They also receive a calendar of related events, tools for improving their health and a detailed calendar with other related activities around campus. They also have a chance to win prizes and get encouragement from the team.
Attendance at these weekly meetings is STRONGLY encouraged!
What topics are addressed in the weekly meetings?
- Cardio Respiratory Activity
- Eating More Fruits and Veggies
- Strength Training
- Healthy Beverages
- Sleep & Stress
- Using My Plate Guidelines
What’s the time
- 2 minutes:
Complete the following survey and submit your contact information. This gets the ball rolling!
- 20 minutes a week: Attend one learning module each week for 6
weeks. This is where you get the
guidance and support needed to reach your goals! Modules cover physical fitness, nutrition,
stress management and more!
- 3-5 minutes/daily: Set a weekly wellness goal and track your
progress. Take advantage of optional
additional activities as your schedule allows.
Take a post- survey to let us know how it went.
What’s in it for me?
- FREE health and wellness assistance
- Look and feel great!
- Have fun and meet other people interested in
improving their health
- Win prizes!
Do I have to be a
health nut to join?
No! Any student can sign up whether you are a fitness buff
or a couch potato! This program is for
anyone and everyone committed to making a healthy change in 2013.
If you have additional questions, please call the Health
Promotions Office: 523-6867