Join Our Staff
Joining our First Scholars staff is an amazing opportunity to
develop your leadership skills.
The purpose of the First Scholars Mentor Program is to
assist first generation college students in making successful academic and
social transitions into college and beyond.
Mentors connect new first generation college students to the university
by providing encouragement, knowledge about resources and experience. Mentors also serve as role models and
confidants, encouraging academic success and personal development to assist
mentees with attainment of educational goals.
- Represent the First Scholars program and the university
- Attend all trainings and meetings
- Meet with the First Scholars Coordinator regularly
- Meet weekly with mentees, follow up with electronic and
- Attend program events
- Document interactions
How to apply
- Complete the Application Packet.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Include a copy of your resume with your application.
Sunday, December 21, 2014 by 11:59 pm