Begin your journey
Thank you for your interest in the 2014 Successful Transition and Academic Readiness (STAR) Program. The program is open to new incoming freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor's degree from Northern Arizona University. To be selected for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- begin attending the university fall 2014
- are a first-generation college student
- demonstrate a financial need
Apply to STAR
Applying to the STAR program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $325
enrollment deposit to be selected for
the STAR program.
- Complete and submit the Student Affairs Mentoring Application and check the STAR Program option.
- All STAR Program participants are required to complete BOTH the 2013 - 2014 and the 2014 - 2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for eligibility in the program.
We will begin selecting students on February 2014, and will continue until the program is full.
If you have any questions before then, feel free to contact Inclusion and Multicultural Services at STARProgram@nau.edu.
Once we receive your interest form, you will receive a
confirmation e-mail from the program. We review applications for the program in
February. Please note that we are only able to make a decision after your
interest form is complete.
Once selected for the program, we will send you a
confirmation letter and check-in/orientation packet.
If you have completed the
application process by February, expect to hear from us by late February. We
plan to select the entire class by May 1.