Begin your journey
Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Successful Transition and Academic Readiness (STAR) Program. The program is open to new incoming freshmen who are committed to earning their bachelor's degree from Northern Arizona University. To be selected for the program, you must meet the following criteria:
- begin attending the university fall 2015
- are a first-generation college student
- demonstrate a financial need
Apply to STAR
Applying to the STAR program is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Apply to Northern Arizona University. You must be accepted to the university and pay the $325
enrollment deposit to be selected for
the STAR program.
- Complete and submit the STAR Interest Participant Application.
- All STAR Program participants are required to complete BOTH the 2014 - 2015 and the 2015 - 2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to be considered for eligibility in the program.
Priority deadline for the program will be April 1, 2015.
If you have any questions before then, feel free to contact the First-Generation Programs and Initiatives at STARProgram@nau.edu.
Once we receive your interest form, you will receive a
confirmation e-mail from the program. We review applications for the program in
February. Please note that we are only able to make a decision after your
interest form is complete.
Once selected for the program, we will send you a
confirmation letter and check-in/orientation packet.
If you have completed the
application process by February, expect to hear from us by late February. We
plan to select the entire class by May 1.