A Consortium Agreement allows admitted students to receive
financial aid while attending NAU (parent school) and another school
(non-parent school) at the same time. If you are enrolled at NAU and another
institution and would like to apply to receive financial aid based on your
concurrent enrollment, please complete the Consortium
Read through the instructions and the terms of a consortium
agreement thoroughly and follow the steps listed. Separate sections require the
involvement of different departments; please refer to the instructions for
information on how to complete the form. Read through the Terms of Consortium
Agreement below to determine if you are eligible for a Consortium Agreement.
At a glance
- Students admitted at NAU and non-parent school
simultaneously are eligible for aid
- Must complete the Consortium
- Read through the terms of the agreement to
ensure you are eligible
Terms of the Consortium AgreementRead more
- Students must have less than 64 community
college transfer credits with the exception of 90/30 Interdisciplinary Studies,
Maricopa Nursing CEP, Pima Nursing CEP, RN/BSN, and Dental Hygiene programs.
- Non-parent school courses must be transferable
to their NAU degree program.
- Students cannot take duplicate courses through a
- Consortium agreements do not guarantee an
increase in the amount of financial aid a student is eligible to receive.
- Federal financial aid will disburse at the
parent school, and cannot disburse at the non-parent school during the semester
you request the consortium agreement.
- The student is responsible for paying the
non-parent school for tuition and fees by their designated deadlines. NAU will not pay your non-parent school.
- A new consortium agreement is required for each
semester a student is seeking to participate in a consortium agreement.
- Consortium agreements must be turned in prior to
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits
at NAU to be considered for a consortium agreement with the exception of Pima
and Maricopa Nursing CEP.
- Students receiving University Grant or Financial
Aid Trust Grant must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at NAU with the
exception of Pima and Maricopa Nursing CEP.
- Students receiving any NAU tuition scholarship
or waiver must be enrolled in a minimum of 7 credits at NAU with a combined
full-time enrollment between the two schools.
Note: Students cannot receive refunds from any NAU merit-based award or
waiver; these NAU awards cannot be applied toward community college tuition.
Reminder: Students must earn 30 credits each year, and maintain the required
GPA for their specific award, to continue to be eligible for their merit-based
- Students enrolled full-time (12 or more credits)
at NAU should not submit a consortium agreement.
- Students must submit official transcripts to
Northern Arizona University at the completion of the consortium enrollment
- Students must notify our office if they drop or
withdraw from any courses listed on this agreement.
- Students must maintain Satisfactory
Academic Progress (SAP).
- Students cannot receive refunds from any NAU
merit-based awards or tuition waivers; these NAU awards cannot be applied
toward community college tuition. All NAU merit-based awards and waivers are
strictly for NAU tuition only.
- Approved consortium agreements do not necessarily
mean there is an increase in financial aid. Please refer back your LOUIE awards
page for specific award information.
- Submit your completed form to the NAU Office of
Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation, to the address or fax number listed
on the form. Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientations will send the
form to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid for processing.
- You are required to submit your official
transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Orientation at the completion
of the consortium enrollment period.
- Students may be required to submit transcripts
to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, as these courses are included
in Pace of Progress and Maximum Time Frame calculations for Satisfactory
Academic Progress (SAP) standards.
- If you withdraw from either institution, you must notify the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
so that we may process the change accordingly.
All consortium agreements must be received in our office by:
April 25, 2014
August 1, 2014
December 1, 2014
|Program||Officer ||Phone ||E-mail Address|
|NAU Consortium agreements||Normajean Brown ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NAU/Maricopa Nursing Concurrent Enrollment Program||Joi Grace||602-728-9506||Joi.Grace@nau.edu|
|NAU/Pima Nursing Concurrent Enrollment Program||Mirna Lord||520-879-7910||Mirna.Lord@nau.edu|