Applying for Aid Checklist
- Apply for admission to Northern Arizona University.
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year (NAU School Code: 001082) In addition to federal aid, institutional aid and some scholarships are based on information from your federal aid application.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for accurate and convenient access to your previous year's tax and income information.
- Incoming freshmen are encouraged to complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA by November 15, 2016 for priority consideration of limited grant funding.
- Continuing, transfer and graduate students are encouraged to complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA by February 1, 2017. Undergraduate students are considered for limited grant funding.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) sent via email from the U.S. Department of Education. Your SAR lists all the information you provided on the FAFSA.
- Monitor your LOUIE account for items requested by our office. Check your NAU email regularly for important information and updates.
- Review your NAU financial aid award letter. New students are awarded beginning in early February. Returning or continuing students are awarded beginning in late May. Check your mailbox or inbox for your NAU financial aid award letter.
Review your LOUIE To Do List and Holds or contact our office if you are not awarded financial aid within the expected timeline.
If you are a continuing or returning student to NAU, a minimum half-time enrollment is required for financial aid to be awarded.