Federal PLUS Loan
Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students
If you are a dependent undergraduate student, the PLUS enables your
parent or stepparent to borrow up to your annual Cost of Attendance,
minus any other aid you receive.
- You are a dependent student.
- You and your parent(s) must complete the FAFSA.
- Your parent must meet the credit eligibility requirements.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time.
Application Steps for Parents:
- Complete the Parent
PLUS application. Parents must sign in with their FSA ID.
- A credit check will determine eligibility and a result will be
- Decisions are sent to our office and loans will be awarded automatically
based on approval.
- If approved, complete a PLUS
Master Promissory Note.
- If denied, you’ll receive information on how to appeal or seek an
endorser. Notify the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid once your appeal or endorsement is approved.
- If your PLUS Loan remains denied, your student is eligible for an
additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Freshman and sophomores: $4,000
- Juniors and seniors: $5,000