Call for mentors
The Faculty Professional Development Program is looking for mentors who are:
- Interested in supporting faculty as they develop their careers at Northern Arizona University
- Willing to share their expertise and experiences around teaching, research, and service
- Knowledgeable about NAU and committed to making our campus an inviting place for all faculty
In 2002 The Faculty Professional Development Program created a formal Colleague-to-Colleague Mentorship Program to assist new faculty. Since then this program has sought to expand the sense of scholarly community for all faculty at NAU.
Each year we welcome a new group of faculty to the NAU campus. Since new faculty members benefit greatly when they have trusted advisors, as part of their orientation they are invited to be a part of the Colleague-to-Colleague Mentorship Program. This year, the program will be made available to faculty who are at various stages of their careers. Each faculty member who chooses to participate in the program is then paired with an experienced faculty member who shares her/his interests (usually from a different discipline).
The Faculty Professional Development Program is seeking experienced faculty who are experienced and knowledgeable about the University to serve as mentors to other faculty for the upcoming academic year. Purposeful, mutually enriching matches will be made between faculty requesting mentoring and their experienced faculty mentors.
Mentoring pairs will:
- Complete a mentor orientation
- Meet with a new faculty member throughout the academic year
- Participate in a mid-semester mentorship lunch
- Commit to the program for one academic year
- Provide an evaluation of the program
The Faculty Professional Development Program will provide mentors with:
- Program Orientation
- Guidance and support
Mentor application here.
If you are interested in being a part of our mentor pool or have any questions, contact Larry Gallagher, 523-7121 or Ed Cahall, 523-8883.