In order to belay at the climbing wall you must be belay
certified by Climbing Wall staff. You can become certified by taking a belay test
during open hours. Those interested in learning to belay can attend a clinic.
Belay Certification Process
Our process is as follows:
- Attend a belay clinic. The clinic is
not required if you already know how to belay and are able to pass the belay
test without taking the clinic.
- Take the belay test. You will demonstrate
proficiency in belaying and equipment usage.
We ask all participants to use the PBUS belay method, Pull, Break, Under, Slide.
Our Belay Card System
Belay cards help our staff easily identify individuals both new and experienced so they can more efficiently supervise and
provide assistance to climbers at the wall. Our cards include:
- beginner belay card (expires after 6 weeks)
- competent belay card (expires after 2 years)
- lead card (expires after 1 year)