Bachelor of Applied Science: Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Early Childhood
Education is offered for nontraditional students who have already earned an
associate of applied science (AAS) degree.
If you want to work with preschool and primary school-aged
children but plan to enter an occupation that requires a broad general
education, this interdisciplinary degree in early childhood education is for
- is available online
- does not result in state certification
- requires a completed associate degree in early
childhood or an equivalent degree from a regionally accredited institution
Life as an early childhood supporter or advocate
The field of early childhood education is expected to see
favorable growth over the next ten years, according to the US Bureau of Labor
To earn this degree, you must complete at least 120 credit
- at least 35 credit hours of liberal studies requirements
- at least 68 credit hours of major requirements
- at least 12 credit hours of concentration
- elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall
total of at least 120 credit hours
Note: No minor is required for this degree; instead, you
complete a 12-13 credit hour concentration.
See the academic catalog for full details on this degree,
including a course listing.