Master of Education: Secondary Education with certification
Note: We are not currently accepting students for this degree.
This program will prepare you to be a teacher in grades 7-12,
and leads to an Institutional Recommendation for Secondary Teacher
Certification in the State of Arizona.
For this 43-49 credit hour degree, you will complete:
- EDF 500 and EPS 605
- BME 500, BME 537, ECI 508, ECI 522, ECI 540, and
- six to twelve credit hours in your
- ECI 595
Advisement and admission process
- Meet with the education adviser Carol Cummings
in Student Services.
- Meet with the content adviser to review
transcripts for content courses. The adviser will complete and sign the content
section of the Program of Study.
- Apply for admission through the university’s Graduate College.
- Apply for IVP Fingerprint Clearance card.
- Meet with your assigned education adviser to
complete your program of study.
- Submit completed program admission paperwork.
- Register for coursework.
Learn how this program is offered in Flagstaff, Phoenix, and
partially in Prescott, and how it can involve the I-STEP Secondary Education Program in the Masters in Secondary Education with Certification packet.
Applying to the Phoenix program
Note: If you
are a student in the Phoenix-based program, make sure to note your specific
application directions in the packet.