Elementary Education - Certification, Master of Education
This degree is designed to prepare you for a successful teaching career in grades 1-8.
You will be provided the theoretical knowledge and practical
skills to prepare you for a career in teaching. When you graduate, your advanced
degree will put you ahead of the competition in your field.
terminal master’s degree leads to an Institutional Recommendation for Elementary Teacher Certification in the State of Arizona.
Courses include current teaching methods, practicum, and student teaching experiences, as well as courses in assessment, technology, and curriculum.
For more class information, visit the academic catalog.
- Convenient—Complete the program statewide.
- Blended Learning—A well-designed combination of in-person/online courses and connected field experiences enable expedient program completion.
- Affordable—No “hidden” program fees. Students pay the most affordable graduate tuition in the state! Financial aid available to those who qualify.
- Relevant—A standards-based program that satisfies all Arizona Department of Education requirements for initial certification.
- Meaningful—Courses taught by experienced teachers. Practicum and student teaching field experiences supervised by seasoned professionals.
- Easy Admission—No GRE required. Multiple start dates available.
Who Applies to This Program?
Our students are people seeking a teaching career after earning an undergraduate degree in another field.
Learn More About Arizona Teacher Certification
Programs of Study
Below is a downloadable Program of Study. This includes complete set of courses and other work that must be successfully completed before qualifying for a degree, diploma, or certificate.
The program of studies is the agreed-upon plan between you and your advisor on completing program requirements.
It is used as a verification document when you apply for graduation.
Your program of study will depend on the date you started.
Elementary Education - Certification, Master of Education - current