Facilities and LabsHybrid Mac/PC Teaching Lab
PC Teaching Lab
This computer lab is assigned as a teaching lab for all ETC undergraduate classes, but is open to education students when classes are not being held.
Eastburn Education Building, Room 189
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Open to all education students during non-class times—contact the lab administrator to learn about availability.
Lab administrator: 928-523-4116
- 24 student stations
- 21.5-inch wide screen dual boot Intel iMacs
- Mac side: Snow Leopard 10.6
- Win side: Windows 7
- one teacher dual boot Intel iMac station with SMART Board
- two portable SMART Board carts with dual boot Mac Pros
This room is scheduled primarily as a teaching classroom for Education-only technology courses. The lab is made up of 28 Dell GX-280s and one teacher station with a GX-280. Logins require a Dana or Jan account.
Eastburn Education Building, Room 185
- 28 student stations
- Dell Omniplex 380s
- Dell 20-inch LCD displays
- one teacher station with SMART Board
Audio Visual Lab
The College of Education mobile lab contains 26 computers that can be checked out to a professor or staff needing them for projects within the College of Education Building.
For more information contact the College of Education’s technical department.
Eastburn Education Building, Room 138
Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Lab manager assistance with AV equipment
The lab manager can assist you with classroom equipment like:
- overhead projectors
- computer carts
- digital cameras
- Windows and Macintosh laptop computers (for a maximum of one semester)
You can use a:
- tape to tape VHS video system for video tape duplication and editing
- VCR with cable access to tape a show from television
- VCR/computer combination to convert a PowerPoint or HyperStudio presentation to VHS videotape
- VCR/laserdisc/computer combination to digitize video
Eastburn Education Building, Room 190
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
The College of Education's Curriculum Lab provides educational materials and resources to university students and faculty. We offer a wide array of professional literature on topics varying from counseling to whole language instruction.
Some of our other resources include:
- textbooks for various subjects and grades
- children's and juvenile literature
- math, science, music, and social studies manipulatives
- thematic units
- selected course reserves
- video cameras
- slide projectors
- cassette recorders
To access these materials, you need a Northern Arizona University student ID. You can check out up to seven materials for eight days.
View the Curriculum Lab collection.
staff is available to visit your classes to talk with students about the AEPA- including what tests to take, when to take them, what to expect, how to register and preparation resources available free to NAU students. Please call or email us to schedule a visit.
Eastburn Education Building, Room 169
A variety of tests—intelligence, vocational development, personality, achievement, and language—are available for qualified students and faculty to check out.
Protocols are available for purchase by qualified individuals. Purchases are made by using the Northern Arizona University JacksCard by depositing money on students’ JDE account.
Eastburn Education Building, Room 169
The practicum lab facilities consist of:
- six clinical rooms designed for individual testing, personal counseling, and tutoring
- an office
- a group room
- a conference room
- three observational rooms which allow faculty members and practicum students to observe students as they are testing, teaching, and conferencing
Each practicum room is equipped with a video camera, a VCR, and a monitor to allow sessions to be videotaped and reviewed immediately. Free counseling is available for Northern Arizona University students and members of the community.
Graduate students in the department of Educational Psychology training programs provide counseling under the supervision of licensed counseling faculty.
For more information about receiving counseling, call 928-523-3896 or e-mail email@example.com.