Required information updates
The following information must always be current in SEVIS:
1. Your current U.S. address
reporting purposes, we need both your physical and mailing addresses if they
are different. When you move, you must report your new address to your
International Student Adviser within 10 days of the move. This includes:
- moves from one Northern Arizona University
residence hall to another
- moves from a residence hall to an address
- moves from one off-campus address to another
- room number changes
- temporary address changes
Your International Student Adviser will update your SEVIS
record with your new address. Failure to provide a current
address can result in a loss of your F-1 status.
How to change your address
Step 1: You
must notify your International Student Adviser to change it in SEVIS.
Step 2: You
must change your address on LOUIE (Northern Arizona University’s online system)
so important mail from the university will reach you.
2. Your current home country address
If your permanent address in your home country changes, you
must inform your International Student Adviser of the new address in writing
within 10 days.
3. Any changes made to your program of study
Changing your major is a two-step process:
Step 1: Change
your major in LOUIE.
Step 2: Notify your
International Student Adviser, who will issue a new I-20 stating the change.
must show in LOUIE before your International Student Adviser will change your
major in SEVIS. If you are a government sponsored student, you must receive
permission from your sponsor before changing your major.
4. Any name changes
Name changes including passport corrections, marriage, and
more must be current.
5. Any change in your financial situation different from
that on your I-20
The loss of
a scholarship or the addition of an assistantship are examples of changes in
your financial situation that must be reported.
6. Your current phone number
Your International Student Adviser also needs your current
phone numbers at all times in case we need to contact you regarding an urgent
7. Other changes
Any other relevant changes must be reported to your
International Student Adviser, including:
- the intent to withdraw from the university
- transfer information
- change to another degree level
- change to another immigration status
- other changes that affect your F-1 status and
may require SEVIS notification