PT, MPH, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Physical Therapy, Flagstaff Campus
Dr. Warren has over 20 years of clinical
experience as a physical therapist primarily in the area of acute care
Dr. Warren’s research expertise includes design
and statistical analysis of studies, collaborating with colleagues across
campus as well as the local health care community. She also has 2 primary
- Analysis of administrative data for the positive outcomes of physical
- Association of clinically relevant, functional tests with non contact
injuries in Division 1 collegiate student-athletes.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2002-6. Doctor of Philosophy, Epidemiology, 2006.
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1997-1998. Master of Public Health, Epidemiology, 1998.
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, 1987-1991. Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, 1991.
Teaching area/ courses taught
- PT630 Cardiopulmonary
- PT675 Medical
- PT685 Evidence
Google Scholar Profile
** = Student was 1st author
- Warren M, Smith CA, Chimera NJ. Association of Functional Movement Screen™ with injuries in Division I athletes. J Sport Rehabil. 2014. In Press.
- **Smith CA, Chimera NJ, Warren M. Association of Y Balance Test reach asymmetry and injury in Division I athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014. In Press.
- Chimera NJ, Smith CA, Warren M. Influence of injury history and sex on Functional Movement Screen™ and Y Balance Test performance. J Athl Train. 2014. In Press.
- **Dudley LA, Smith CA, Olson BK, Chimera NJ, Schmitz B, Warren M. Interrater and Intrarater reliability of the Tuck Jump Assessment by health professionals of varied educational backgrounds. J Sport Med. 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/483503.
- de Heer F, Morera O, Warren M, Chaudhari L, de Heer HD. At risk or not: Comparing normative and criterion-referenced Body Mass Index standards among Mexican American children. Archivos Latinoamericanos de Nutricion.2013;63:2.
- **Smith CA, Chimera NJ, Wright N, Warren M. Interrater and intrarater reliability of the Functional Movement Screen. J Strength Cond Res. 2013;27(4):982-987.
- Wayment HA, Wiist B, Sullivan BM, Warren M. Doing and being: Mindfulness, health and quiet ego characteristics among Buddhist practitioners. J Happiness Stud. 2011;12(4):575-89.
- McPoil TG, Warren M, Vicenzino B, Cornwall MW. Variations in foot posture and mobility between individuals with patellofemoral pain and those in a control group. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011;101(4):289-96.
- Ganley KG, Paterno MV, Miles C, Stout J, Brawner L, Girolami G, Warren M. Health-related fitness in children: A review of current literature. Ped Phys Ther. 2011;23:208-20.
- Potretzke AM, Warren M, Schmitz KH, Gottsacker TS, Jensen, MD. Relationship between insulin sensitivity and long-term weight change in adults. Endocr Pract. 2011;17(1):58-64.
- Warren M. Exercise prescription for the older adult with Type 2 Diabetes. Top Geriatr Rehabil. 2010;26:221-32.
- Arikawa AY, O'Dougherty M, Kaufman B, Smith A, Thomas W, Warren M, Kurzer M, Schmitz K. Women in Steady Exercise Research (WISER): Study design and methods. Contemp Clin Trials. 2010;31(5):457-65.
- Wiist WH, Sullivan B, Wayment H, Warren M. A web-based survey on the relationship between Buddhist practices, health, and psychological characteristics: Research methodology and preliminary results. J Religion Health. 2010;49:18-31.