PT, MPH, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Physical Therapy, Flagstaff Campus
Dr. Warren has over 20 years of clinical
experience as a physical therapist primarily in the area of acute care
Dr. Warren’s research expertise includes design
and statistical analysis of studies, collaborating with colleagues across
campus as well as the local health care community. She also has 2 primary
- Analysis of administrative data for the positive outcomes of physical
- Association of clinically relevant, functional tests with non contact
injuries in Division 1 collegiate student-athletes.
Education and Certifications
of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MInnesota, 2002-6. Doctor of Philosophy, Epidemiology,
University, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1997-1998. Master of Public Health,
University, Boston, Massachusetts, 1987-1991. Bachelor of Science, Physical
Teaching area/ Courses Taught
Google Scholar Profile:
= Student was 1st author
- Warren M, Smith CA, Chimera NJ. Association of Functional Movement
Screen™ with injuries in Division I athletes. J Sport Rehabil. 2014. In Press.
- **Smith CA, Chimera NJ, Warren M. Association of Y Balance Test reach
asymmetry and injury in Division I athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2014. In Press.
- Chimera NJ, Smith CA, Warren M. Influence of injury history and sex on
Functional Movement Screen™ and Y Balance Test performance. J Athl Train. 2014.
- **Dudley LA, Smith CA, Olson BK, Chimera NJ, Schmitz B, Warren M.
Interrater and Intrarater reliability of the Tuck Jump Assessment by health
professionals of varied educational backgrounds. J Sport Med. 2013.
- de Heer F, Morera O, Warren M, Chaudhari L, de Heer HD.At risk or not: Comparing normative
and criterion-referenced Body Mass Index standards among Mexican American
Latinoamericanos de Nutricion.2013;63:2.
- **Smith CA, Chimera NJ, Wright N, Warren M. Interrater and intrarater
reliability of the Functional Movement Screen. J Strength Cond Res.2013;27(4):982-987.
HA, Wiist B, Sullivan BM, Warren M. Doing and being: Mindfulness, health and
quiet ego characteristics among Buddhist practitioners. J
Happiness Stud. 2011;12(4):575-89.
TG, Warren M, Vicenzino B, Cornwall MW. Variations in foot posture and mobility
between individuals with patellofemoral pain and those in a control group. J Am
Podiatr Med Assoc. 2011;101(4):289-96.
KG, Paterno MV, Miles C, Stout J, Brawner L, Girolami G, Warren M.
Health-related fitness in children: A review of current literature. Ped Phys
- Potretzke AM, Warren M, Schmitz KH,
Gottsacker TS, Jensen, MD. Relationship between insulin sensitivity and
long-term weight change in adults. Endocr Pract. 2011;17(1):58-64.
- Warren M. Exercise prescription for the
older adult with Type 2 Diabetes. Top Geriatr Rehabil. 2010;26:221-32.
- Arikawa AY, O'Dougherty M, Kaufman B, Smith A, Thomas W,
Warren M, Kurzer M, Schmitz K. Women in Steady Exercise Research (WISER): Study
design and methods. Contemp Clin Trials. 2010;31(5):457-65.
- Wiist WH, Sullivan B, Wayment H, Warren M. A
web-based survey on the relationship between Buddhist practices, health, and
psychological characteristics: Research methodology and preliminary results. J Religion Health. 2010;49:18-31.