Assistant Clinical Professor
Blg Rolle Rm ##202
Northern Arizona University
Ellen Larson has been a member of the Northern Arizona University (NAU) Health Sciences faculty since 2000. Prior to NAU she taught physical education, health education, and adaptive physical education in a southeastern Alaskan community. She also served as a health education consultant for the Alaska Department of Education.
Ellen has established strong working relationships with various schools and health organizations in Flagstaff, which provide opportunities for her students to gain experience in the community setting.
Ellen's areas of interest include assisting first-year students in achieving academic success and using a learner-centered, interactive and experiential approach to teaching.
Primary Teaching Areas in the Department: Public Health and Physical Education
- Healthy Lifestyles
- The Organization and Administration of Coordinated School Health Programs
- Methods for Community Health Promotion
- Physical Education for Elementary School Students
- Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)
- Health Standards and Assessment Trainer of Trainers for Alaska (Rocky Mountain Center for Health Promotion)
- Certified K-12 Health and Physical Education Teacher (Alaska)