Blg 60 Rm #449
Northern Arizona University
Dierdra Bycura, Ed.D. has been a member of the Northern Arizona University
(NAU) Health Sciences faculty since 2006 and currently serves as the lead
faculty for the Fitness Wellness program.
Dr. Bycura earned her B.S. in Exercise Science and M.P.E. in Secondary
Physical Education and Doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction with an
emphasis in Exercise Psychology.
Dr. Bycura is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as a
Certified Exercise Physiologist and a Certified Personal Trainer.Additionally,
Dr. Bycura serves as chair of a national committee with the American College of
Sports Medicine for Credentialing (2004 - present).
Current Research Interest Area: Dr. Bycura’s research experience
is in exercise adherence and motivation, exercise intervention effectiveness,
trending exercise modalities (adherence and motivation), combining
physiological and psychological measures.
- Exercise intervention on gut microbes: Exercise microbiome project
- Examining the motivation and adherence toward trending
- Physiological and psychological measures of firefighter
- Firefighters ability to sustain chronic cardiorespiratory
exercise training to support to job task requirements
325 Applied Movement Analysis and Motor
420c Exercise Program Design and Modification
430 Professional Practice and Responsibilities
Certifications / Licenses:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Exercise
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Exercise