If you already have a bachelor’s degree
in Speech-Language Pathology, you can jump right into advanced coursework. In
this full-time, year-round track, you’ll take 66 credits of graduate courses
in two years and leave prepared to enter the job market.
You can apply for the full-time track if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have completed the following prerequisite
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Language
- Language Development in Children
- Speech-Language Sciences
- Hearing Science
- Neurological Foundations of Speech, Language and
Hearing (if not previously taken, this course will be integrated into your graduate course sequence)
- Survey of Audiology
You must have at least one 3-credit course in each of the following areas. Classes from the Communication Sciences & Disorders discipline cannot be used to meet these foundational requirements. We recommend that these courses be taken prior to enrollment; however, if they are not taken prior to enrollment they will be integrated into your course sequence which may result in extending your program. These courses are a requirement to receive the M.S. degree from this department.
- Biological Sciences (biology, human anatomy & physiology, neuroanatomy & neurophysiology, human genetics, veterinary science) (NAU's BIO 100 and BIO 300 will not meet this requirement. NAU's BIO 100 is for non-Biology majors and is too elementary. NAU's BIO 300 is an umbrella course for topics too narrowly focused.)
- Physical Sciences (recommended: physics, chemistry) (accepted: astronomy, archaeology, forestry, geology, earth or environmental science)
- Statistics (Standalone statistics course; research methodology not accepted; Generally a course with the word "statistics" in the title from any department meets this requirement)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology, public health)
For more information about the courses you will be taking
and when, see our course sequence.
Specific information about these courses can be found in
NAU’s course catalog.
Ready to apply?
Visit our admissions page.