If you already have a bachelor’s degree
in Speech-Language Pathology, you can jump right into advanced coursework. In
this full-time, year-round track, you’ll take 66 credits of graduate courses
in two years and leave prepared to enter the job market.
You can apply for the full-time track if:
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have completed the following prerequisite
- Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Language
- Language Development in Children
- Speech-Language Sciences
- Hearing Science
- Neurological Foundations of Speech, Language and
Hearing (if not previously taken, this course will be integrated into your graduate course sequence)
- Survey of Audiology
You must have at least one 3-credit course in each of the following areas. Classes from the Communication Sciences & Disorders discipline cannot be used to meet these foundational requirements. We recommend that these courses be taken prior to enrollment; however, if they are not taken prior to enrollment they will be integrated into your course sequence which may result in extending your program. These courses are a requirement to receive the M.S. degree from this department.
- Biological Sciences (cell biology, human anatomy & physiology, neuroanatomy & neurophysiology, human genetics, veterinary science) (NAU's BIO 181 & 201 are acceptable. Lab not required.)
- Physical Sciences (recommended: physics, chemistry) (accepted: astronomy, archaeology, forestry, geology, earth or environmental science)
- Statistics (Standalone statistics course; research methodology not accepted; Generally a course with the word "statistics" in the title from any department meets this requirement)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (psychology, sociology, anthropology, public health)
For more information about the courses you will be taking
and when, see our course sequence.
One way to get information about a course is to follow this link: http://catalog.nau.edu/Catalog/details?plan=CLSPMS&catalogYear=1516 > Details tab > Click on each separate course.
Another way to get information about a course is to Google: NAU CSD Course #.