Finance your education
There are many scholarships out there for athletic trainers.
Check out the ones below to help pay for your bachelor’s or master's degree.
Michael F. Jarko Memorial Athletic Training Education ScholarshipSee requirements
1) Submit a letter of application that explains:
- why you're deserving of this scholarship
- your career goals
- your future plans to contribute to the profession
nationally or with the state organization
- what a college education means to you
2) Have a minimum of a 3.30 college GPA
3) Be a first year student in the MSAT program at time of application (scholarship will be awarded for 2nd year in program).
4) Submit two letters of recommendation, both from Certified
5) Demonstrate proof of membership in the National Athletic
6) Submit letter of application, with GPA, proof of NATA membership, and recommendations to ATEP Program Director in ONE paper document (not electronically)
Deadline: March 1st.
Big Sky Conference Football Officials Athletic Training Student Scholarship
1) Have Big Sky experience
2) Submit the following materials:
- an application form
- an official letter of application/introduction
- an official university transcript
- a resume
- 3 letters of reference (one from a certified
athletic trainer, one from an academic professional, and a third from either a
certified athletic trainer, an academic professional, or an athletic department
Deadline: To be announced
Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Scholarship for
1) Be enrolled in athletic training, dental hygiene, health
promotion, exercise science, physical therapy, or communication sciences and
2) Have successfully completed at least one semester
3) Be enrolled in a career entry-level, degree-granting
program (baccalaureate, master's, or doctoral)
4) Submit a one-page essay (no more than 200 words) explaining:
- why you chose the health profession in which you
- what unique contributions you intend to make to
the community’s health
*Financial need is not a criterion for eligibility.
**A composite of qualities will be used to determine
winners; unique accomplishments are important considerations in selecting
winners. Among the qualities that will be recognized are:
- academic achievements
- service to the institution and the community
- extracurricular activities
- evidence of strong communication skills
Mike Nesbitt Sports Medicine Scholarship
1) Awarded to a graduate AT student entering the 2nd year of the MSAT program (Application occurs during 1st year in MSAT program)
2) In order to apply for this scholarship, the applicant must be nominated by a Clinical Preceptor or Faculty Member in the MSAT Program.
3) Have a minimum GPA of 2.5
4) Be a graduate student pursuing a career
in athletic training
5) Submit a reference list which includes at least 3 certified
*Contact Cherisse Kutyreff
for more information.
Deadline: March 1st