Explore and support NAU talent in a variety of ways...
CEFNS Career Fair
Scores of companies participate in our specialized CEFNS Career Fair to meet promising students in engineering, forestry, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
Registering for the Career Fair means you also have the option to register for Info Sessions on the morning of the fair.
Don't want to leave without interviewing those skilled students? Inquire about scheduling job interviews with prospective employees on the day after the Career Fair.
Find out more about the next CEFNS Career Fair
Customized Information Session
We encourage on-campus recruiting and employer presentations in the Fall (October-early November) and Spring (February- early April).
Register for a Customized Information Session. This semester's fees range from $400 to $600 for corporations and $300 to $500 for governmental or non-profit organizations.
This fee includes: room reservation(s), refreshments for your team and the students, individualized tech support with Jobs 4 Jacks (our online job board), parking passes and campus maps for each team member, event promotion to students via multiple methods and student workers to assist your team throughout your visit on campus.
If this is a hardship for your organization, contact the CEFNS Career Development Center. You may be eligible for a fee reduction.
Believe it or not, there is usually very little of the fee left over after a Custom Information Session. Any remaining revenue supports our career development seminars for our engineering students - helping them develop the professional skills that so many employers look for. Sponsoring this program ensures you have candidates who possess skills that reach beyond the technical capabilities they've acquired during their academic careers at NAU.
Contact the CEFNS Career Development Center at least one month in advance to plan your event.
DIY Information Session
Follow the below steps and links to arrange an information session on your own:
1. Register your company, the Event, and Session on Jobs 4 Jacks. This is free.
2. Reserve a room for your information session and/or to conduct interviews. Rooms in DuBois (adjacent to the engineering building) will cost between $200 and $400. See their webpage for details.
3. Contact Campus Dining if you would like to provide refreshments for your team and/or the students. There are many options and prices depending on what you choose. See their webpage for details.
4. Email email@example.com to let them know you'll be on campus. This will get an email sent to students who fit the profile you're looking for. This is also free.
Set up a table in a common area in the engineering building during regular business hours. Although no logistic support is provided for this type of recruiting (like parking passes, catering, advertising etc), the CEFNS CDC does not charge a fee for it.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date.
This is only available on dates after the CEFNS Career Fairs each semester.
Undergraduate Research and Design Symposium
students in action as they present their achievements in design as well as basic and
applied research at the annual Celebration of Undergraduate Research and Design Symposium.
Just Post on Our Online Job Board, Jobs for Jacks
1. Go to www.nau.edu/jobsforjacks
2. Create a profile via the 'Employer' button. This will be reviewed and activated within a couple of days. I can also activate you manually - so let us know if you need it done sooner.
3. Once the profile is active, you will be able to post any job/internship you would like.
4. Email me when an opportunity has been posted. Please include the job# and the major(s) you're interested in recruiting. That way, I can alert these students via our listserves about this specific opportunity.
5. For extra reach to students, create a flyer (landscape, JPG) that advertises the basics of the job and how to apply, including which majors you would like. Please include a deadline for application. Send me the JPG and I will post it on our digital sign boards.