Peak Performance-Student Employment
Peak Performance Math Coaches
We have completed recruitment for Math Coaches for the Peak Performance Summer 2016 program. Please check back in the fall ('16) for additional opportunities.
Information about the position:
This is an online summer position. You must be currently enrolled at NAU and have access to the internet and a computer for the summer of 2016.
Math Coaches must enroll in a spring 10-week training session scheduled during the Spring 2016 semester and begin working approximately June 1st, 2016 thru the middle of August, 2016. You set your own hours and work from home, connecting with your assigned students and helping them with any questions they have.
To be eligible to apply for this position:
- You must submit the online application
- Submit a professional reference from current NAU Math faculty
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Have completed MAT 125 with an A or a B from NAU, or equivalent transfer credit
- Be willing to work between 15-25 hours per week during the summer.
We especially encourage students with majors in the following areas to apply:
- Exercise Science majors
- All Engineering majors
- Mathematics and Statistics majors
- Biology majors
- Chemistry majors
- Computer Science majors
- Astronomy majors
- Psychology majors
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide individual tutoring in an on-line setting, through Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Help students set achievable goals and motivate them to meet those goals.
- Attend weekly phone conference calls with team leaders.
- Communicate with your supervisor about any problems.
- Maintain accurate records of student contact.
- Submit timely payroll and student activity reports.
The Peak Performance Math Coach position has a starting salary of $9.00 per hour. Wages for 2nd or 3rd year returning coaches are higher. You must enroll in the spring training class, you will be given details of the class once you are invited to an interview. Attendance at 100% of the training class is mandatory for hiring.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Peak Performance Math Coach!!
How To Apply
In order to apply, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application on or before the final deadline on 11:59 pm MST on Sunday, October 18th, 2015. Applications submitted after that date will NOT be considered.
- Please note that you must be logged into your NAU Gmail account in order to access this application.
- If you have a personal Gmail account, it may interfere with your NAU login. You may want to try using a different browser.
- If you have trouble completing the application, please contact us at PeakPerformance@nau.edu.
2. If you are selected for an in person interview, you will be required to bring a paper copy of your resume and a cover letter as your "ticket in." You may wish to begin preparing these materials in advance of scheduling an interview.
3. You will need to contact one professional reference and ask them to complete our online recommendation form, available below.
- If you are applying for a Peak Performance Math Coach position, your reference MUST be from a current NAU faculty member in the Math Department.
- The deadline to submit recommendations is 11:59 pm MST on Sunday, October 26th, 2015.
- When contacting your reference, please be sure to provide them with your NAU student email address (in the form email@example.com). They will need this information to complete your recommendation.
Online Recommendation Form - If a student has requested that you complete a Recommendation Form on their behalf, please select this link.
Preparing Your Application
We require all applicants to submit a resume, cover letter, and one academic or professional recommendation in order to be considered for positions with our department. Take a look at our list of resources related to the application process. We have also compiled a list of FAQ's for requesting a recommendation from your reference.