Peak Performance-Student Employment
We are no longer accepting applications for Math Coaches.
Peak Performance Math Coaches
We are now recruiting for Math Coaches for the Peak Performance Summer
2015 program.This is an online summer position.
You must be currently enrolled at NAU and have access to internet and a
computer for the summer of 2015.
Math Coaches must enroll in a spring 8 week training session scheduled
during the Spring 2015 semester and begin working approximately June 1st,
2015 thru the middle of August, 2015.
You set your own hours and work from home, connecting with your assigned
students and helping them with any questions they have.
To be eligible to apply for this position:
- You must submit the online application
- Submit a professional reference from current NAU Math faculty
- Currently have a 3.0 GPA
- Have completed minimally Math 114, but preferred
Math 125 with an A or a B from NAU.
- Be willing to work between 15-25 hours per week
during the summer.
We especially encourage students with majors in the following areas to apply:
- Exercise Science majors
- All Engineering majors
- Mathematics and Statistics majors
- Biology majors
- Chemistry majors
- Astronomy majors
- Psychology majors
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide individual tutoring in an on-line
setting, through Skype, Google Hangout, etc.
- Help students set achievable goals and motivate
them to meet those goals.
- Attend weekly phone conference calls with team
- Communicate with your supervisor about any
- Maintain accurate records of student contact.
- Submit timely payroll and student activity
The Peak Performance Math Coach position has a starting salary of $9.00
per hour. Wages for 2nd or 3rd
year returning coaches are higher. You
must enroll in the spring training class, you will be given details of the
class once you are invited to an interview. Attendance at 100% of the training class is
mandatory for hiring.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Peak Performance Math Coach!
How To Apply
In order to apply, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application on
or before the final deadline on 5:00pm MST on Sunday, October 19th.
Applications submitted after that date will NOT be considered.
- Please note that you must be logged into your NAU Gmail account in order to access this application.
- If you have a personal Gmail account, it may interfere with your NAU login. You may want to try using a different browser.
- If you have trouble completing the application, please contact us at YouLead@nau.edu
you are selected for an in person interview, you will be required to
bring a paper copy of your resume and a cover letter as your "ticket
in". You may wish to begin preparing these materials in advance of
scheduling an interview.
3. You will need to contact one
professional reference and ask them to complete our online
recommendation form, available below.
- If you are applying
for a Peak Performance Math Coach position, your reference MUST be from a
current NAU faculty member in the Math Department.
- The deadline to submit recommendations is 5:00pm MST on Sunday, October 26th.
contacting your reference, please be sure to provide them with your NAU
student email address (in the form email@example.com). They will need this
information to complete your recommendation.
Online Recommendation Form - If a student has requested that you complete a Recommendation Form on their behalf, please select this link.
Preparing Your Application
require all applicants to submit a resume, cover letter, and one
academic or professional recommendation in order to be considered for
positions with our department. Take a look at our list of resources related to the application process. We have also compiled a list of FAQ's for requesting a recommendation from your reference.