Travel & Reimbursement
Information for Biological Sciences travelers:
- The document written specifically for Biological Sciences travelers can be found here.
- More information is available at the NAU Comptrollers Page (check out the information under travel on the blue bar at the left).
Are you a student seeking travel funding?
Check out these web pages:
***When you apply for these travel awards, please put the appropriate contact as the Travel Liaison. If your faculty advisor is part of a Center, check with that advisor and put in the appropriate travel processing employee. If your faculty advisor is directly associated with Biological Sciences, you would put Lois Neff as the Travel Liaison.
Before travel, Biological Sciences travelers should speak with the travel specialist before you go and submit these items:
- Annual Travel Certification. This form is required each year, and must be filled out completely, including checking the box about whether or not you are an authorized NAU driver.
- Permission to travel. Written permission is required for each trip. Send an email with all of this information to your supervisor, and the supervisor can forward approval to the travel specialist.
- If you are driving your own car and expect to be reimbursed, you must turn in a copy of your proof of car insurance, and you must be an NAU authorized driver.
- Here is information about authorized driver requirements (scroll down this page to Authorized Driver Program)
- In addition, if you need to use an NAU vehicle, speak with our business manager, and reserve the car online.
- Using a personal vehicle and NOT an NAU vehicle must be justified in the permission document.
Post-travel reimbursement receipts and form should be turned in to the travel specialist within five (5) days of the return from travel. If the travel paperwork does not get processed within 30 days of the travel, there will be no reimbursement.
Non-travel reimbursements must be submitted within 60 days of the purchase.
Help for Grant PIs and other Approvers