- Screen saver logs you off after 15 minutes of "inactivity."
Workaround: Turn off logoff screen saver...
- Right click in the Desktop background
- Select Personalize
- Click on the Screen Saver button
- Choose any screen saver except "In Use"
- You can only use one domain account. That is, if you have both an NAU and an NAU-Students
domain account, you can only use one.
Workaround: Choose wisely the first time you log on. If this does not occur, please
contact Forestry IT Support (or 523-6626).
- Classroom projector does not display computer output.
Workaround: Set the projector to RGB1 and the laptop/desktop switch box appropriately. From the start menu of the computer select Connect to a Projector
- Room 17 only: Windows Media player does not produce sound when playing a DVD's.
Workaround: Use PowerDVD DX
- The writers of Web Browsers seem to be surpassing those who write applications for Web Browsers.
Workaround: If a web applications does not behave as intended in a particular browser,
try a different one (IE / Firefox / Chrome). If you're using IE, you could also
try compatibility mode.
- The default cache path (temporary data storage area) for ArcGIS is set to
a location with limited disk space.
Workaround: If you use ArcGIS and the system informs you that "You have exceeded your roaming profile storage":
- Open ArcMap
- Select Customize > ArcMap Options... > Display Cache tab
- Replace the string "Roaming" with "Local"
- The default path for Dropbox is set to
a location with very limited disk space.
Workaround: If you use Dropbox and the system informs you that "You have exceeded your roaming profile storage" remove files that are no longer necessary from C:\users\"UserName"\Dropbox (or simply move them to an area with more disk quota if they are needed).
- When attempting to print multiple copies to the color printer in room 224 only one copy is printed, followed by an "Unable to store job at printer" error printout.
Workaround: To print multiply copies to color224 collate must be turned off. In most programs the Collate checkbox is in the Advanced tab of the Printer Properties window. In Adobe Reader 11 it is just to the right of the Copies option.
Students, out of disk space?
Step 1: Call 928-523-9294
The Student Technology Center at 928-523-9294 will grant students a quota increase
up to 1GB with no questions asked. You can check your current quota level by opening
Computer, right clicking over your Z: drive, and selecting Properties (1000 MB =
1GB). If you are already at the maximum quota, continue on to Step 2.
Step 2: Check your Windows Profile
Most of your profile data is redirected to a folder on a campus server. This folder
is Z:\NTProfile. Every file you store in Documents and on the Desktop is actually
being stored on this campus server. Be sure to look through these areas and remove
any unneeded files. If you still are having issues move on to Step 3.
Step 3: Contact Forestry IT support
Call Forestry IT Support at 928-523-6626 or stop by the Help Desk office in the
Southwest Forestry Science Complex (Bldg #82, room 113).