The Graduate Student Computer Labs are located in rooms 112
and 224; the Undergraduate Student Computer Lab is
located in room 109. In addition, there is a multimedia computer in each of our
classrooms. Graduate students can log on to computers in all of these labs and
classrooms; undergraduate students can log on to computers in all of these labs
and classrooms, except those located in room 224.
Some of the data you need to use the Forestry Computer Labs
is located on campus servers; bonsai for employees (H: Drive) and dana for
students (Z: Drive). You may find disk space availability limiting on these
servers. However, you also have an X: drive, with a quota of 20 GB's, available
upon login in the Forestry Computer Labs.
- These computer labs are yours;
please treat them as such and respect the rights of others using the lab.
- This lab is only for School of Forestry / Ecological Restoration Institute
faculty, staff, students, and non-Forestry/ERI students enrolled in a class
requiring an account.
- Reserved lab times may mean "no admittance" to non-class members or
"admittance" at the discretion of the instructor.
- Remember to log off from the computer and clean up any debris when you are
finished working in the lab. YOU are responsible for any action performed on or
from a machine to which you are logged on, even if you weren't the individual
performing the action. Also, logging off protects your data.
- Please report hardware or software malfunctions to the IT Help Desk or email
- No food is allowed in the lab. Drinks are allowed in covered or spill-resistant
containers; please use common sense in managing drinks in the lab.
- Lab doors are NOT to be propped open at any time.
- Misuse of lab resources or policies could result in denial of lab privileges.
NAU's Virtual Lab terminal
server can be accessed from almost any computer connected to the
internet. Software installed in the Virtual Lab includes ArcGIS, SPSS, and SAS.
Unlike our Forestry PC Labs your Forestry server
shares will not be mapped automatically. If you know the path, however, these Forestry server shares can still be accessed.