ESRI Geographic Information System (GIS) software, products,
and services are available to Northern Arizona University through an Arizona tri-University site
license. This site license is managed at our university by a consortium of campus ArcGIS
- Software overviews can be found at ESRI's website.
- The Software, Data, and Related Materials
provided under this agreement can only be installed on NAU machines and can
only be used for teaching, research, and administrative purposes by NAU staff, faculty, and
students. Some restrictions apply to research and administrative purposes. "Use of the licensed products for profit or private gain shall
be an express violation of the terms..."
"Administrative Use" means use of the Software, Data, Web Services, or Documentation for activities, such as asset
mapping, facilities management, demographic analysis, routing, campus safety, and accessibility analysis that are
not directly related to instruction, education, or academic research.
Addendum, ESRI, June 5, 2009: "We have
added a clause to the site license agreement to permit faculty and staff to
install any software product included in the ESRI Site License on their
personally owned computer for use in education and research."
ESRI Site License Overview (PDF)
- To acquire software through this site license
please contact your local representative listed below. This individual is
responsible for software acquisition, installation, and inventory.
Northern Arizona University Local Representatives:
College of Engineering, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Franke College of Business
Information Technology Services
School of Forestry
- If you do not have a Local Representative, please
Technical problems with site license software?
Also, subscribe to our university's GIS-L list for local announcements
and communication. Subscribe by sending email to:
with a single line of text in the body of the message that
SUBSCRIBE GIS-L FirstName LastName
- Students may request an ArcGIS
One-Year Student License by contacting Steve.Andariese@nau.edu or Mark.Manone@nau.edu.
- ESRI Student Licenses are "for educational use only."
- Please review system requirements for ArcGIS 10.1 or ArcGIS 10.2.x, as appropriate, before requesting this license.
- When making your request, please specify the version you would like.
- ArcGIS is also available on the campus Virtual Lab.
Faculty and Staff resources
ESRI Higher Education List Server
Faculty and staff may install any software product included in the ESRI Site
License on their personally owned computer for use in instruction and research.
Northern Arizona University faculty, staff, and students have access to all Premium License Courses. Courses expire one year after acquisition.
To request subscription codes, contact
Steve.Andariese@nau.edu or Mark.Manone@nau.edu. These requests must come from a Northern Arizona University e-mail
address and include the exact name of the course in which you are interested.
Software, products, and services
For access to any of the above, contact Ke-Sheng.Bao@nau.edu using your NAU email address. Please provide your affiliation with NAU (faculty, staff, graduate student, or undergraduate student), your department, and how you plan to use the application.
- ArcGIS - includes standard ESRI extensions
- 3D Analyst
- Geosatisitical Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Spatial Analyst
- Tracking Analyst
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer
- ArcGIS for Aviation: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry
- Data Interoperability (teaching and research only)
- ESRI Defense Mapping
- Workflow Manager
- Business Analyst Premium (teaching only)
- ESRI Production Mapping
- ESRI Roads and Highways
- Schematics for ArcGIS
- Business Analyst (teaching only)
- City Engine
- ArcPad (teaching and research only)
- ArcGIS Server Packages **
Other Products or Services
- Spatial Labs 2013
- Esri Data
- Any Software Documentation and Tutorials (40%
- Training at ESRI (40% off list)
- User Conference Registration (40% off list)
* Major NAU ArcGIS sites pay the annual fee to maintain
this site license. ArcGIS acquisition by other sites may require continued
contribution to the annual maintenance.
** As distributed under this license, may be
used to publish data if the primary purpose is data sharing and education.
Restrictions apply if service fees are charged.