Welcome

The NAU Centennial Forest is Northern Arizona University's research, teaching, and demonstration forest -- a cooperative venture between Northern Arizona University and the Arizona State Land Department.

In 1959, the Arizona State Land Department designated 4,000 acres of forest land as an "outdoor laboratory" for the School of Forestry at Arizona State College in Flagstaff (now Northern Arizona University). The research and education programs initiated by the designation helped establish the school as one of the top rated forestry institutions in the country.

In April 2000, the two organizations came together once again to establish a much larger research, education, and demonstration forest spanning nearly 50,000 acres of forest, woodland, and grassland.