Minor in Mechanical Engineering
Are you already going for a different degree in engineering
or the natural sciences? Then a minor in
Mechanical Engineering will complement any degree program such as:
- electrical engineering
- civil engineering
- environmental engineering
- computer science
A minor will give you a broad understanding of mechanical
engineering that you can use in your future career or to apply to other
disciplines. Below you can find catalog information.
A minor will provide
students with a broad understanding of Mechanical Engineering that they can use
in their future careers or to apply to other disciplines. Our minor is designed for other engineering
majors or other plans that emphasize math and science and provides Mechanical
Engineering fundamentals with an emphasis in solid mechanics or the
Engineering (ME) minor learning outcomes are a subset of the learning outcomes
for the BSE in ME. By the time they
complete a minor in ME, students will have achieved:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to, engage in
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern
engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.