Master of Engineering, emphasis in Electrical Engineering
Take courses through the Master of Engineering program in electrical engineering. You
will benefit from the knowledge and experience of engineering faculty from several disciplines.
Your master’s degree in electrical engineering will give
you an edge over the competition. Upon obtaining your degree, you’ll be
qualified to be a/an:
- sustainable designer
- inventor and innovator
- electrical engineering manager
- researcher and developer
Work while you study
Get paid and have your tuition waived. If you work as a
graduate assistant for 20 hours per week, the university will pay your tuition
and provide you with a living stipend. You can apply for a:
- teaching assistantship
- research assistantship
To earn this degree, you must complete a total of 30 credit
- 3 hours of engineering management/business
- 3 hours of applied mathematics or statistics
- 12 hours of electrical engineering electives
- 12 hours of additional coursework including up to 6 hours from any combination of 400 level courses and letter-graded independent study (697)
See the academic catalog for full details on this degree, including a course listing.
Application and Admission Information
These requirements are in addition to those of the Graduate College (see their website for information and if you are an international student, also check this website)
must have a B.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or
equivalent) with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If you have a B.S. degree in a different discipline than above, then you must complete a set of pre-master's courses while earning a grade of "B" or higher in all pre-admission courses.
- You must take the GRE General Test unless you earned your B.S.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from NAU or are in our Integrated Program in Electrical Engineering.
application must include a statement that includes your educational goals and
top areas of interest for your study and/or research.
- Your application must include three letters of recommendation.
- You must be accepted by the department.