Northern Arizona University
I am convinced a great builder needs much more than a technical education. A great builder embarks on a lifelong quest for learning with a keen curiosity, and a commitment to the welfare of others. We are most proud of our reputation as a service learning organization.
I came to Northern Arizona University in 1998 after a thirty year career in the Design/Development and Construction Industries.
I began my career as a field engineer in public-service, moving on to work in industrial construction, finishing as an executive of an ENR top 50 AEC firm on complex public-use facilities such as museums, stadiums, and assembly halls. I have worked across the United States and abroad.
During my tenure at Northern Arizona University I have worked on a variety of development projects, including the Engineering Complex and the Wild Bill Ecological Center.
In 2003/2004 I served as a mentor for United Nations, Institute for Training and Research fellowship working in the post conflict re-building of Afghanistan.
Areas of Professional and Scholarly Interest
- green building
- low impact construction
- workforce development
- organizational behavior
- Wild Bill Ecological Center
- BSCE, University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- MSCE, University of Missouri-Columbia
- PhD, University of Maryland, A. James Clark School of Engineering
Professional Memberships and Associations
I presently serve on the following non-university committees and boards:
- Northern Arizona Technology and Business Incubator, NATBI, Facilities Committee
- EMA, Wild Bill Ecological Center, Facilities Development
I am a registered engineer in Colorado.
I am a member of:
- The American Society of Civil Engineers
- The Society of Value Engineers
- The American Institute of Steel Construction
- Associated Schools of Construction
- CM 220 Introduction to Structural Design
- CM 222 Construction Graphics
- CM 225 Concrete & Masonry Systems
- CM 302W Writing for Project Managers
- CM 331 Structural Steel Systems
- CM 329 Estimating & Bidding
- CM 360 Soils & Construction Equipment
- CM 388 Construction Scheduling
- CM 460 Heavy Civil & Highway Construction
- CM 490C Capstone
- CM 497 ASC Student Competition Preperation