Assistant Professor of Practice
Northern Arizona University
Prior to joining the faculty at NAU, Rob worked as a Division Manager at a leading Flagstaff based design build general contracting firm managing heavy civil construction projects throughout Northern Arizona. His roles provided him in depth experience in estimating, budget preparation, job cost management, scheduling, value engineering, and subcontractor buyout for self-performed, subcontracted, and alternative delivery method projects.
Before his tenure in heavy civil construction, Rob worked as a project manager at a respected, nationally known, design build and real estate development firm managing multiple project types. These included public sector, institutional, and private design build class A office projects where Rob was heavily involved in both preconstruction and construction phase services.
Rob has a foundation from time spent as a superintendent, structural inspector, and field testing technician at the beginning of his career on a wide variety of residential, heavy highway, and commercial projects which allowed him to work across the United States from California to Maine.
Rob has specialized in the management of both building and civil Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) and Design Build projects. These include the NAU W.A. Franke College of Business, the High Country Conference Center, multiple pedestrian walkway reconfigurations, and campus beautification projects including the Historic NAU North Quad.
His dedication to sustainable design and construction has allowed him to be part of multiple LEED® Certified projects including four gold and one platinum certified building. Rob sat on the first Board of Directors for the Northern Arizona Branch of the United States Green Building Council for three years and worked to integrate sustainable design initiatives into all of his projects.
Areas of Scholarly and Professional Interest
- Sustainable Design and Construction
- Alternative Delivery Methods
- LEAN Construction
- Cold Weather Site Concrete Construction
- Subcontractor Workforce Integration
- Local Workforce Integration
- B.S. Construction Management, Northern Arizona University
- M. Admin. Project Management, Northern Arizona University
Professional Memberships and Associations
- United States Green Building Council
- Construction Management Association of America
- Lean Construction Institute
- Associated Schools of Construction
- American Institute of Constructors
- CM 200L Construction Management Integrated Laboratory 1
- CM 225 Concrete and Masonry Systems
- CM 253L Surveying and Building Layout Laboratory
- CM 481 Construction Operations
- CM 499 ASC Student Competition Preparation