Master of Science in Engineering: Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering emphases
This program will help you understand the application of
your profession in the context of two of the most important issues of our
time—sustainability and innovation.
With your thesis, you will be challenged to devise
innovative solutions and improve upon existing methods to better our world.
Click on the "Details" button below for required number of units.
Applicants must select one primary emphasis in:
- civil and environmental engineering
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer science
Prerequisites / Admission Requirements
1. You must have a B.S. degree in the discipline and an
overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. If you have a B.S. degree in a different discipline from
that of your master’s application, you must complete a pre-admission course of
study while earning a grade of "B" or higher in all pre-admission
courses. See the prerequisite link below for this information.
2. You must take the GRE General Test unless you earned
your B.S. degree from NAU or are in our Integrated Program in the discipline of
your master’s application.
you are an international applicant whose native language is not English, you
must also submit TOEFL
3. Your application must include a statement that includes
your educational goals and top areas of interest for your study and/or
4. Your application must include three letters of
5. You must be accepted by a faculty member who will serve as your committee chair.
Prerequisites by emphasis:
The application deadlines are:
- March 1 for fall semester admission
- September 15 for spring semester admission
research assistantships are available for qualified students.
The university will provide full graduate tuition remission for approved graduate