Master of Engineering: Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
This degree provides you with a broad, practice-based
To earn this degree, you must complete a total of 30 credit
- applied mathematics course, in a relevant topic
such as numerical methods, linear algebra, or statistical analysis (3
- engineering management course (3 credit
- 24 credit hours from:
- general engineering, environmental engineering,
civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or geology, selected with your committee’s
approval (15 credit hours)
- elective courses (9 credit hours), which can
include up to six credit hours in an optional practice-oriented project
Applicants must select one primary emphasis in:
- civil engineering
- electrical engineering
- environmental engineering
- mechanical engineering
- computer science
Prerequisites / Admission Requirements
1. You must have a B.S. degree in the discipline and an
overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. If you have a B.S. degree in a different discipline from
that of your master’s application, you must complete a pre-admission course of
study while earning a grade of "B" or higher in all pre-admission
courses. See the prerequisite link below for this information.
2. You must take the GRE General Test unless you earned
your B.S. degree from NAU or are in our Integrated Program in the discipline of
your master’s application.
you are an international applicant whose native language is not English, you
must also submit TOEFL
3. Your application must include a statement that includes
your educational goals and top areas of interest for your study and/or
4. Your application must include three letters of
recommendation. 5. You must be accepted by the department.
Prerequisites by emphasis:
The application deadlines are:
- March 1 for fall semester admission
- September 15 for spring semester admission
research assistantships are available for qualified students.
will provide full graduate tuition remission for approved graduate assistants.