Multicultural engineering program
1994, the Multicultural Engineering Program (MEP), sponsored by the National
Action Council for Minorities in Engineering (NACM), offers a
variety of programs designed to increase and enhance the academic performance
of all of our declared engineering majors.
The MEP is one
means of addressing the critical issue of support, retention, and graduation of
students in undergraduate engineering programs and helping them make
connections to the industry workforce.
serves as a resource center for all engineering and construction management
students. Utilizing a number of collaborative strategies that involve parents,
engineering program faculty and staff, student organizations, the university
community and industry, we make every effort to assist students in reaching
floor, southeast corner
MEP study lounge:
MEP office: Room
Internships and ScholarshipsRead more
The scholarship application period for 2012-2013 academic year has closed.
The application period for 2013-2014 will open in late February or early March
For more information, please contact
Alexis.Baca-Spry@nau.edu or call: 928-523-8163.
Become a member to ensure the successful completion of your engineering or construction management degree.
To become a member, fill out the online application.
Active member services include:
- personalized referrals for scholarships, internships, and career opportunities
- networking with professionals, including career fair shadowing
- grade monitoring
- personalized one-on-one monthly advising sessions
- incentive rewards, i.e., printing and copying services, event prizes, recognition of active participation, awards banquet
- one-on-one scholarship assistance, i.e., search, application, recommendation letters
- career development services
Non-member services include:
- personal tutoring
- general advising
- MEP Lounge
- invitation to all MEP events
- access to scholarship and resource information
The following are resource alternatives or the services the MEP is able to provide at this time.
Student Learning Centers (SLC):
We highly recommend students utilize the Student Learning Centers on North and South campus for their tutoring needs. Due to financial constraints the MEP will not fund individual peer tutoring.
Career and professional advisement:
We work closely with the college's scholarship and internship office and have several resource materials available to you including:
- resume writing guides
- cover letter writing guides
- scholarship books and materials
The MEP also hosts the NACME Scholarship, a renewing scholarship for eligible students.
MEP student lounge:
The MEP student lounge is a large room located in the Engineering Building, room 122P and is open for student use during normal business hours. The following equipment can be found in the lounge for student use:
- long conference table
- laser printer (MEP membership required)
- small refrigerator
- coffee maker
- telephone for local calls only
- hole punchers
- plastic utensils
- scrap paper