theatre students interested in performance, and all freshmen and recent
transfers, are required to audition for the regular main stage
- Auditions take place at the
beginning of each semester. The core
requirements are two (2) contrasting monologues not exceeding a total of two
- Specific and additional
audition requirements are outlined at the beginning of each semester.
- The dates and audition requirements will be
posted on the Department Callboard.
course is only open to students who have been cast on the main stage, or
with departmentally approved projects.
All students cast must be
Students cannot register for
the course without departmental approval.
112 - 1 credit hour course
- Freshman fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Sophomore fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Junior fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
- Senior fall and spring for a total of 2 credit hours
212 - 1 credit hour course
312 - 1 credit hour course
- 1 credit hour course
and Directing Courses
The entry level, core acting course (TH 135) and
Beginning Directing (TH 352) are open to all majors and minors as they are a
part of the core requirement for all students.
Beyond Acting I and Directing I, all students must audition of interview
in order to be admitted into the course.
Check the Callboard for audition and interview details.