Flagstaff in Fidenza: A Summer International Opera and Concert Festival
Back to Italy in 2015 - Look back at 2013
Northern Arizona University College of Arts and Letters, School of Music, in Collaboration with the City of Fidenza (PR), Italy presented: Summer International Opera & Concert Festival.
When: June 3– June 29, 2013
Where: Fidenza (PR) and other surrounding communities in Northern Italy
- Nando Schellen, Artistic Director
- Romano Franceschetto, Associate Artistic Director
- Deborah Raymond, Associate Artistic Director/Program Coordinator
Nearly four weeks of intensive vocal technique, coaching, and performance in Opera, Art Song, and Oratorio. International Faculty from the United States, Canada, Italy and the Netherlands: Jean Anderson Collier (coach/accompanist), Darko Butorac (opera conductor), Romano Franceschetto (Italian language coaching), John Greer (coach/accompanist, direction), Felicia Gavilanes (language/direction/general assistant), Amy Johnson (voice), Deborah Raymond (voice), Nando Schellen (opera stage director). There will be complete opera performances staged with professional orchestra, opera scenes staged with piano, aria/art song recitals, oratorio, and church services (See details on the program page).
- Master Classes with Hans Nieuwenhuis, General Director of the Orfeo Foundation, Amsterdam
- Performances in beautiful theaters, churches, and other venues in Fidenza, Parma, Salsomaggiore, Busseto, and Carpi
- Italian Language instruction and coaching
Our mission is to present a select number of highly talented young singers from all over the world with the performing conditions resembling those of a professional opera singer, while providing them with excellent teaching and guidance. The historical environment of Fidenza and surrounding cities serves as an ideal cultural atmosphere to accomplish our goals.