Flagstaff in Fidenza: A Summer International Opera and Concert Festival
Look back at 2013
Northern Arizona University College of Arts and Letters, School of Music, in Collaboration with the City of Fidenza (PR), Italy presented: Summer International Opera & Concert Festival.
When: June 3– June 29, 2013
Where: Fidenza (PR) and other surrounding communities in Northern Italy
- Nando Schellen, Artistic Director
- Romano Franceschetto, Associate Artistic Director
- Deborah Raymond, Associate Artistic Director/Program Coordinator
Nearly four weeks of intensive vocal technique, coaching, and performance in Opera, Art Song, and Oratorio. International Faculty from the United States, Canada, Italy and the Netherlands: Jean Anderson Collier (coach/accompanist), Darko Butorac (opera conductor), Romano Franceschetto (Italian language coaching), John Greer (coach/accompanist, direction), Felicia Gavilanes (language/direction/general assistant), Amy Johnson (voice), Deborah Raymond (voice), Nando Schellen (opera stage director). There will be complete opera performances staged with professional orchestra, opera scenes staged with piano, aria/art song recitals, oratorio, and church services (See details on the program page).
- Master Classes with Hans Nieuwenhuis, General Director of the Orfeo Foundation, Amsterdam
- Performances in beautiful theaters, churches, and other venues in Fidenza, Parma, Salsomaggiore, Busseto, and Carpi
- Italian Language instruction and coaching
Our mission is to present a select number of highly talented young singers from all over the world with the performing conditions resembling those of a professional opera singer, while providing them with excellent teaching and guidance. The historical environment of Fidenza and surrounding cities serves as an ideal cultural atmosphere to accomplish our goals.