Master of Music in Vocal Performance
The Master of Music in Voice Performance is designed to train singers for future performance opportunities or doctoral studies while developing valuable teaching skills.
- Studio lessons with a voice faculty mentor
- Master classes with faculty and visiting artists
- Performance and pedagogy classes
- Operatic performances, fully staged with orchestra in a large theater
- Repertoire, diction and language coursework and electives
- Solo performing opportunities in choral ensembles
Additional Application Requirements
In addition to materials requested on the on-line application, prospective Vocal Performance students must submit a 15-20 minute audio/video recording that demonstrates their skills to the Vocal Area Coordinator before scheduling a live audition (unless prior permission has been attained from the major professor).
Recordings (or links to online files) should be sent to:
Vocal Area Coordinator
Northern Arizona University
School of Music
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6040
Detailed instructions for the additional materials and the disk/file submission are included in the online application. Please begin the application process and contact the Area Coordinator if you have questions.
Dr. Judith Cloud, Voice (Coordinator)
Margaret Gunderson, Voice; Diction
Dr. Ricardo Pereira, Voice, Song Literature
Deborah Raymond, Voice, Diction
Dr. Robert Allen Saunders, Voice, Vocal Pedagogy