Master of Music in Vocal Performance
The Master of Music in Voice Performance is designed to train singers for future performance opportunities or doctoral studies while developing valuable teaching skills.
- Studio lessons with a voice faculty mentor
- Master classes with faculty and visiting artists
- Performance and pedagogy classes
- Operatic performances, fully staged with orchestra in a large theater
- Repertoire, diction and language coursework and electives
- Solo performing opportunities in choral ensembles
Additional Application Requirements
In addition to materials requested on the on-line application, prospective Vocal Performance students must submit a 15-20 minute audio/video recording that demonstrates their skills to the Vocal Area Coordinator before scheduling a live audition (unless prior permission has been attained from the major professor).
Recordings (or links to online files) should be sent to:
Judith Cloud, Vocal Area Coordinator
Northern Arizona University
School of Music
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6040
Detailed instructions for the additional materials and the disk/file submission are included in the online application. Please begin the application process and contact the Area Coordinator if you have questions.
Dr. Judith Cloud, Voice (Coordinator)
Ms. Christine Graham, Voice; Diction
Dr. Ricardo Pereira, Voice, Song Literature
Ms. Deborah Raymond, Voice, Diction
Dr. Robert Allen Saunders, Voice, Vocal Pedagogy