Voice audition repertoire
Undergraduate Degree Program audition requirements (BMUS, BMED, BA degrees)
- Prepare two contrasting classical vocal solos. One should be a classical piece in a foreign language. Both selections should be memorized. You may choose one musical theater piece but no pop songs are permitted.
- The audition will include at least two sight-singing examples and a series of tonal memory exercises.
- An audition on the Flagstaff campus is required for Arizona residents; Acceptd is an option for others, including international applicants.
- An accompanist will be provided for you, but you may bring your own pianist if you wish.
- A few weeks before your scheduled audition date, you will be contacted by email to confirm your audition and to direct you to an online site where you will enter information about the audition pieces you will be performing.
Graduate Degree Program audition requirements (Master of Music, Performance Certificate degrees only)
By December 1, all applicants in voice must submit a preliminary audition recording with the application.
- 15-20 minute audio/video recording of your singing with representation from contrasting styles, including opera, oratorio, and/or art song.
- There must be at least one 20th century piece. Selections should include German, French, Italian and English; other foreign languages are optional.
Mail your audio/video recording to:
Dr. Judith Cloud
NAU Box 6040
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6040
You may also email materials to email@example.com.
- After reviewing application materials, if you are invited to NAU for an on-campus audition, you will be notified of specific pieces from your prescreening audition materials that you will perform at your on-campus audition.
- You may also be asked to demonstrate sight-singing and ear-retention skills as well as basic piano skills.
Rachelle Cook, Choral Studies
Office: Building 37, Room 127C