Tuba Audition Repertoire
Undergraduate and graduate audition requirements
- a solo of your choice (approximately 4 to 8 minutes in length)
- two contrasting etudes (one lyrical and one technical)
- chromatic scale and all major scales (preferably two-octave)
- Memorization is expected for the scales, but not for the solo and etudes.
- No accompaniment is necessary.
- Sight reading may also be required at the audition.
- Auditions are competitive, so you are encouraged to choose repertoire that displays your highest level of music-making.
Tuba studio website
Visit the tuba and euphonium studio website for more information about the program.
Alexander Lapins, Tuba/Euphonium Office: Bldg. 37, Room 187