Lumberjack Marching Band
The Lumberjack Marching Band is Northern Arizona University’s music ensemble, servicing both the university and Flagstaff community. The band provides Northern Arizona University students of all majors an opportunity to perform as a member of NAU’s most visible music ensemble. The band augments the game-day experience for students, athletes, and fans at home football games and represents Northern Arizona University at select performances in the region.
Joining the band
Membership is open to all Northern Arizona University students! An audition may be held to determine placement within each section at the beginning of Marching Band Camp. If you are interested in participating in the marching band, enroll today!
Five reasons to join the Lumberjack Marching Band:
- Credit- Earn academic credit for performing with the Band!
- Unity- Be a part of NAU’s most visible music ensemble!
- Community- Have a great time as a part of a 100+ member music organization!
- Perform- To the home crowd at ALL NAU football games!
- Ambassadorship- Advance the university brand through music performance!
Sections of the Marching Band
There is a place for you in the Lumberjack Marching Band! The band is made up of the following sections:
- alto saxophone
- tenor saxophone
- baritone saxophone
- drum line
- color guard
- twirler (audition link)
Watch Video: Lumberjack Marching Band entrance onto field
Video Accessibility Instructions:
These video instructions are located directy above a YouTube video. Hit the DOWN arrow key until you hear the words FLASH START. Once the screen reader is inside the FLASH OBJECT, hit the TAB key about 7 times until you hear PLAY BUTTON a second time. Hit the Spacebar key to play the video. You can then hit the Spacebar key again to pause the video. Feel free to hit TAB and TAB+SHIFT to listen to all the buttons in the FLASH OBJECT. Sometimes the PLAY button and the PAUSE button will be listed as an UNLABLED BUTTON.
Marching Band Camp
A detailed schedule for the Lumberjack Marching Band Camp will be available in early August, prior to the beginning of the fall semester. The schedule will be posted on the Marching Band Camp webpage.
Marching Band Camp is a requirement for all students who wish to march with the band in the fall. You must register for camp to provide us with vital information such as: the section you intend to march, t-shirt size, and contact information. Any known conflicts prior to the beginning of Marching Band Camp should be brought to the attention of the director of the Lumberjack Marching Band,..
- Winds, Drum line, and color guard: MUP 170-0601 (full marching band section)
- Drum line and color guard ALSO enrolls in: MUP 170-0602 (color guard / drum line section)
- Winds, Drum line, and color guard: MUP 270-0601 (full marching band section)
- Drum line and color guard ALSO enrolls in: MUP 270-0602 (color guard / drum line section)
- Winds, Drum line, and color guard: MUP 370-0601 (full marching band section)
- Drum line and color guard ALSO enrolls in: MUP 370-0602 (color guard / drum line section)
- Winds, Drum line, and color guard: MUP 470-0601 (full marching band section)
- Drum line and color guard ALSO enrolls in: MUP 470-0602 (color guard / drum line section)
The Marching Band rehearses from 4:00pm to 6:00pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Our Monday and Friday rehearsals are held inside the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome, while our Wednesday rehearsals are usually held outdoors in Flagstaff's beautiful weather.
Additionally, drum line and color guard both rehearse from 3:00pm-3:50pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome.
We perform at all home games and, traditionally, travel to one away game. In addition, the Lumberjack Marching Band hosts and performs at the annual NAU Band Day event.