JAX pep band
The JAX Pep Band performs at selected men's and women's
basketball games from late November through March. This lab ensemble boosts
team spirit and provides an exciting experience at Northern Arizona University
We encourage students from all colleges to audition. Selected students will register for the class: MUP x70, Section 07.
- Auditions consist of a one-octave chromatic scale
(ascending/descending) and the Northern Arizona University fight song
(memorization is highly encouraged).
- Punctual arrival and professional
performance are both musts.
- Paid positions are available based upon individual auditions.
- Selected members will earn $15 per game, payable at the end of the season.
- A new hire packet to Human Resources is required for all paid positions.
Pre-season rehearsals may be scheduled if needed by the pep band director. You will be informed well in advance.
- 2012-2013 JAX Pep Band schedule (coming soon)
- If you plan on being a member of the ensemble, please do not
schedule any events on performance dates. You should report 45 minutes prior to
- All games are held in the Rolle Activity Center unless otherwise
You are responsible for covering the cost of your uniform.
The maximum cost is $30.
that the band may travel with either basketball team during tournament play.
- Only members of the band will be permitted to travel to any post-season events.
- These games are not considered paid services. However, travel accommodations will be provided if necessary.
- In the event of a limit on the ensemble size for a given
game, the director will hand select band members to attend.
Additional rules and regulations
- If you are unable to attend a game, you must provide a
substitute player who principally performs on the same instrument as you (no
secondary instrument performers are allowed, except with the director’s
consent). Failure to do so will negatively affect your final grade.
- Please be aware that if you have excessive absences or
tardiness or are unprofessional at any game, you may be asked to leave the pep