Band Camp Cost and Checklist Information
Download the band camp cost and checklist PDF
Band Camp 2013 is coming! I hope you all are getting excited for the upcoming marching band season. The members of Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma (the band’s service Fraternity and Sorority) are working through the summer to plan events and activities to get the marching season off to a great start! The following is some important pre-band camp information you should be aware of.
Registration will take place at the beginning of band camp, immediately following the orientation meeting, on August 24th, 2013. During registration, you can purchase uniform accessories, instrument supplies, and rent instruments and lockers. (Please note: A large storage unit will be available at the NAU Skydome to store marching band instruments and equipment. If you are non-music major, then renting a locker is not encouraged due to the School of Music’s proximity to the NAU Skydome.)
- Black Marching Shoes- $30.00 per pair
- Gloves- $3.00 per pair or $5.00 for two pairs
- Flip Folder- $5.00 (price may vary depending number of extra sheets)
- Lyre- $10.00
- Instrument Rental (optional)- $30/semester
- Locker Rental (optional)- $30/semester
Items you should bring to band camp:
- Money for registration
- Water bottle (avoid altitude sickness)
- Appropriate athletic marching shoes
- Comfortable clothes for marching
- Instrument and all accessories
- Pencils (It is required that you keep a pencil on your person in rehearsals)
- Two 3x5 spiral-bound note card booklets for use as drill books—these cards MUST be bound together
- Shoelace or string for the note cards
Band camp is a great time to get to know your fellow band members, so we are planning some activities and section competitions. We ask that you enjoy each of these activities, but that you don’t allow them to distract you from rehearsing to the best of your abilities at all times!
If you need anything at all, please contact one of the committee heads listed below. We look forward to meeting you all soon!