Connect with us
If you’re an alumni, donor, or community member, you can connect with the Global Languages and Cultures Department here:
Alumni and friends can sign up to stay in touch with us. You will receive an e-mail when we publish our biannual newsletter.
The university hosts a free International Film Series each semester. See the current schedule here.
Languages Clubs for Spanish, French, German, Italian, Arabic and future teachers offer participation in organizing and presenting a variety of language-specific cultural events or activities pertinent to the study and teaching of language. A Club (see listing below) has a student leader and student participants who work with a faculty mentor.
- French Club advisor: Deniza Ticic - Club President: TBA
- Global Cabaret advisor: Michael Rulon - Club President: TBA
- French Theater Guild advisor: Michael Rulon - Club President: TBA
- German Club advisor: Vicky Vandermale - Club President: TBA
- Arabic Club advisor: Mounia Mnouer - Club President: TBA
- Future Teachers advisor: Karina Collentine - Club President: TBA
We regularly sponsor conversation tables in different languages. These groups, facilitated by department faculty, meet regularly during the academic year at local restaurants or cafés to offer students and community members the chance to use their foreign languages skills in a relaxed and informal setting.
- Spanish (Roberto Serpas / 928-523-7633): Tertulia
- German (Marilya Reese / 928-523-9638): Stammtisch – Thursday Evenings at Ni Marco's Pizza
- French (Deniza Ticic / 928-523-8445): La Table Française – Thursday Evenings at Charly's
- Italian (Kevin Massoletti): La Serrata
- Japanese (Makoto Negishi)