Blg 23 Rm #322
Northern Arizona University
William J. Crawford, Ph.D. (University of Wisconsin, 2002)
Associate Professor, Applied Linguistics
- Second language acquisition
- Second language writing
- Corpus linguistics
- Teaching grammar
- Crawford, W., & Csomay, E. (2016). Doing corpus linguistics. New York: Routledge.
- Crawford, W. (2013). Teaching grammar. Alexandria, VA: TESOL Publications.
- McDonough, K., Crawford, W., & De Vleeschauwer, J. (2014). Summary writing in a Thai EFL university context. Journal of Second Language Writing, 24, 20-32.
- McDonough, K., Crawford, W., & De Vleeschauwer, J. (accepted). Thai EFL learners’ interaction during collaborative writing tasks and its relationship to text quality. In M. Sato & S. Ballinger (Eds.), Peer interaction and second language learning: Pedagogical potential and research agenda. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- McDonough, K., Crawford, W., & Mackey, A. (accepted). Creativity and EFL students’ language use during a group problem-solving task. TESOL Quarterly.
- Applying Corpus Linguistics to Management Research (to appear). International Journal of Business Research. Co-authors: Tim Clark and Luke Plonsky.
- What Linguistic Features Are Indicative of Writing Quality? A Case of Argumentative Essays in a College Composition Program. TESOL Quarterly, 47:2. Co-authors: Naoko Taguchi and Danielle Wetzel
- Teaching Grammar. English Language Teacher Development (ELTD) Series. Alexandria, VA: TESOL
- Using Grades 7–12 Sustained Content Nonfiction Readers in Tertiary-Level EAP Programs” to the TESOL Journal(3:2), 256- 279 Co-authors: Shannon Fitzsimmons-Doolan, Jessica Davis and Fredricka Stoller
- “Grammatical analysis” The Encyclopedia of Applied Linguistics [electronic version] Wiley-Blackwell.
- Collaborative and individual writing in a Thai university context.” EUROSLA, August, 2013, Amsterdam, NE (w/Kim McDonough and Jindarat de Vleeschauwer)
- “Task-based Interaction and Cognitive Creativity.” AAAL, March 2013, Dallas TX. (w/ Kim McDonough and Allison Mackey)
- “Teacher professional development in TESOL: Teacher perceptions of corpus linguistics.” AAAL, March 2013, Dallas, TX (w/ Heidi Vellenga)
- “Grammar instruction: Does it make a difference?” TESOL Convention, March 2012, Philadelphia, PA (w/ Jon Smart)
- “Academic writing abilities: Cross-examination of lexico-syntactic features and ratings” AAACL, October 2011, Atlanta Georgia (w/Naoko Taguchi and Danielle Wetzel)