Dr. Gruber is a professor in the Rhetoric and the Teaching of Writing Area at Northern Arizona University. She teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in literacy studies, rhetoric and cultures, computers and composition, and writing theory and practice. Her book-length projects and her essays focus on cybertheories, feminist rhetorics, writing program administration, language and cultures, and literacy practices.
- Principles of Rhetoric
- Literacy, Language, and Bias
- Seminar in Rhetoric
- The Language of Gender, Race, Class, and Politics
- Graduate Composition
- The History of Composition Studies
- Rhetoric and Cultures
- Language and Diversity
- Writing Theory and Practice
- Computers in Composition
- Teaching Assistantship Practicum
- Gruber, Sibylle. “Being International, Being Different: Teaching and Learning in Motion.” Journal of Multiculturalism in Education 7.2 (2012), pp. 1-22.
- Gruber, Sibylle. “Participatory Culture, New Media, and Civic Engagement: A Generation Who Dares to Hope.” Technologies for Enhancing Pedagogy, Engagement and Empowerment in Education: Creating Learning-Friendly Environments, eds. Thao Lê and Quynh Lê. IGI Global, 2012, pp. 147-159.
- Gruber, Sibylle (with Nancy G. Barron). “Responsible Knowledge Workers: Rhetoric, Media, and the 3rd Environment.” The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society 7.2 (2011), pp. 153-166.
- Gruber, Sibylle. “When Theory and Practice Collide: Becoming a Feminist Practitioner.” Performing Feminism and Administration in Rhetoric and Composition Studies, edited by Rebecca Rickley and Krista Radcliffe. Hampton Press, 2010. pp. 31-50.
- Gruber, Sibylle (with Nancy G. Barron). “Assessing the Intersections of Rhetorics, Technologies, and Bodies.” The Journal of Literacy and Technology 9.2 (2008): pp. 2-34.
- Gruber, Sibylle. Literacies, Experiences, and Technologies: Reflective Practices of an Alien Researcher. New York: Hampton Press, 2007.
- Gruber, Sibylle (with Nancy Barron and Nancy Grimm), eds. Social Change in Diverse Teaching Contexts: Touchy Subjects and Routine Practices. New York, Peter Lang Publishing, 2006.
- Gruber, Sibylle. “Cyberspace, Cyborgs, and Advertising: Approaches to Teaching Critical Analysis.” Journal of Teaching Writing 22.1 (2005): 83-105.
- Gruber, Sibylle. “Technology and Tenure: Creating Oppositional Discourse in an Offline and Online World.” Computers and Composition: An International Journal for Teachers of Writing 17.1 (2000): 41-55.
Recent Professional Service/Awards
- Women and Gender Studies Certificate of Appreciation: received May 2009
- Pipeline NAU Certificate of Appreciation: received May 2005
- Flagstaff Big Sister of the Year: received March 2005
- Excellent Teacher Award: Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 9th edition, 2004.
- Commission on the Status of Women Award for Outstanding Service on the Diversity Project: received 2003
Extended Curriculum Vitae