Summer Film Institute 2013
- Take Cinema Studies courses with experienced Northern Arizona University faculty
- Fulfill Liberal Studies requirements
- Meet filmmakers, producers, and film school
- Learn about film distribution and exhibition
from film festival directors
- Discover new films during the summer film series
- Gain professional experience through internships
- Enjoy guided field trips to famous movie settings
like Monument Valley and Sedona
During the first 5-week summer session (June 3 – July 2,
2013) the first annual NAU Summer Film Institute will offer outstanding cinema courses.
The intensive format provides focused learning experiences in small groups.
Guest speakers and film series screenings add opportunities for immersion in
the world of film.
Most courses carry Liberal Studies credit and count for the Cinema Studies Minor so students speed up time to graduation. Courses are taught in a blended format, combining classroom discussions with online assignments and making use of current learning technology. Students enjoy close attention from faculty in small groups. Students will also have the opportunity to gain practical experience in organizing and marketing film events.
On-campus housing and dining plans are available. Students
taking part in the Summer Film Institute live together in a designated
residence hall to share interests and extend class discussions into the