Community Engagement & Outreach Core
The main purpose of the Community Engagement and Outreach core is:
- To influence and build local capacity in applying a resilience approach to American Indian (AI) health promotion, program design, and health policy.
- To disseminate a culturally relevant health promotion and prevention of diseases, secondary conditions, and treatments to AI and urban communities.
- To strengthen, enhance, and expand existing community-academic partnerships and expand academic-academic alliances.
- To deepen our scientific knowledge of resilience and health.
- To translate this knowledge from research to practice to transform public health education, practice, and policy.
The Community Engagement & Outreach (CE&O) team were invited to Ha:san Preparatory Academy to participate in both a student traditional story telling program and to judge student academic showcase projects. Ha:san faculty and staff provide exemplary resiliency building academic and traditional programs to their American Indian students.
Watch Video: Ha:san School Traditional Coyote and Quail Story
Video Accessibility Instructions:
These video instructions are located directy above a YouTube video. Hit the DOWN arrow key until you hear the words FLASH START. Once the screen reader is inside the FLASH OBJECT, hit the TAB key about 7 times until you hear PLAY BUTTON a second time. Hit the Spacebar key to play the video. You can then hit the Spacebar key again to pause the video. Feel free to hit TAB and TAB+SHIFT to listen to all the buttons in the FLASH OBJECT. Sometimes the PLAY button and the PAUSE button will be listed as an UNLABLED BUTTON.
Ha:san Academic Showcase Gallery