Community Engagement & Outreach Core
The main purpose of the Community Engagement and Outreach core is:
- To influence and build local capacity in applying a resilience approach to American Indian (AI) health promotion, program design, and health policy.
- To disseminate a culturally relevant health promotion and prevention of diseases, secondary conditions, and treatments to AI and urban communities.
- To strengthen, enhance, and expand existing community-academic partnerships and expand academic-academic alliances.
- To deepen our scientific knowledge of resilience and health.
- To translate this knowledge from research to practice to transform public health education, practice, and policy.
Recent Events and Projects
Community Engagement & Outreach
Ha:san Preparatory and Leadership School: Resilience Through Culture
Arizona American Indian Men's Health Research Forum
The Arizona American Indian Men's Health Coalition and the CAIR held a Tribal Health Professions Research Forum on February 7th, 2014 at the Phoenix Biomedical Campus.
Strengthening Community Health through Stories of Resilience
January 29, 2014
Northern Arizona University, Native American Cultural Center
Ha:san Prepetory Academic Showcase
The Community Engagement & Outreach (CE&O) team were invited to Ha:san Preparatory Academy to participate in both a student traditional story telling program and to judge student academic showcase projects. Ha:san faculty and staff provide exemplary resiliency building academic and traditional programs to their American Indian students.
Ha:san Academic Showcase Gallery
Ha:san Traditional Coyote and Quail Story
Watch Video: Ha:san School Traditional Coyote and Quail Story
Video Accessibility Instructions:
These video instructions are located directy above a YouTube video. Hit the DOWN arrow key until you hear the words FLASH START. Once the screen reader is inside the FLASH OBJECT, hit the TAB key about 7 times until you hear PLAY BUTTON a second time. Hit the Spacebar key to play the video. You can then hit the Spacebar key again to pause the video. Feel free to hit TAB and TAB+SHIFT to listen to all the buttons in the FLASH OBJECT. Sometimes the PLAY button and the PAUSE button will be listed as an UNLABLED BUTTON.