How do I start?
Air Force ROTC Cadets must demonstrate good moral character and maintain certain academic, physical fitness, and decorum standards. Cadets must meet minimum requirements:
- Maintain a 2.5+ Cumulative Grade Point Average
- "C-" or better in all Aerospace Studies Courses
- Full-time student (greater than or equal to 12 credit hours)
- Meet minimum and not exceed maximum height and weight standards
- Pass a physical fitness assessment each semester consisting of a 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, and an abdominal circumference measurement
- Meet Department of Defense Medical Examination Review (DODMERB) medical exam (conducted during your sophomore year or upon receipt of scholarship)
For more specifics on ROTC qualifications, e-mail the Recruiting Flight Commander (via our home page) or reference AFROTC Requirements and Standards
Current and accepted Northern Arizona University students must enroll into three Aerospace Studies courses. The three classes required for incoming Freshman for the Fall semester are: AS 101, AS 101L, and AS 251. Incoming Freshmen will need to consult with the Gateway Center and advise them of their interest in the Air Force ROTC. If you are an incoming student with Sophomore status, you must plan on attending NAU at least three years to qualify for the AFROTC program.
Upon registration, future cadets must complete the required personnel forms found on the "Forms" page before they are officially enrolled. A more complete set of these forms is also available in the Detachment Office, Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
BRAND NEW FOR FALL 2017: ROTC Housing!
Request to live with other ROTC cadets! This will help build camaraderie among your cadet class, assist with accountability for early morning PT and other things, and keep military-minded people together. To request ROTC housing, look for “ROTC Learning Community” on the learning communities dropdown of your online housing application (http://nau.edu/Residence-Life/Apply-for-Housing/). This option is available beginning 1 November 2016. For more information, please contact Capt Gonzalez at 928-523-2040.